Total views : 338
Study on the Effects of the Korean IT Consultants Training on the Job Satisfaction and the Employee Turnover
Objectives: This study examines the effect of the education and training performed by the IT consulting firms in Korea on the job satisfaction, the organizational commitment, the turnover intention and the management performance of the consultants engaging in IT consulting firms. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this study, the reliabilities of the exploratory factor analysis and research tool were analyzed using SPSS Windows 12.0 and Cronbach's Alpha (α >= 0.7) were used to evaluate the reliabilities and the validity of the measuring tools was verified by conducting Confirmatory Factor analysis using AMOS 18.0 for the factors extracted from Exploratory Factor Analysis. The causal relationship is often used to clarify correlation between cause and effect. In this study, the causal relationship among education and training, job satisfaction, turnover intention, job commitment and management performance were analyzed using covariance structure model. Findings: The results indicate that education and training influence on job satisfaction, turnover intention, and management performance. As the characteristics of consulting which is the representative occupation in the knowledge-based industries, it requires more specific knowledge, and the job is performed based on such knowledge, and thus has an effect on the performance of the corporations. Improvements/Applications: This study may further improved by considering other efficiency factors related with training and job satisfaction.
IT Consulting, Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment, Training, Turnover.
- Yoo S. A relationship analysis of information technology and economic growth. Journal of Economic Studies. 2002; 11(2):115–41.
- Storey J, Quintas P. Knowledge management and HRM. Human resource management. A critical text. London: Thomson Learning; 2001. p. 32–9.
- Baek J, Seo H, Hong, S, Jo D, Sung M. The analysis of evolution and development of IT consulting: Based on industries, solution and project types. Journal of Information Technology. 2002; 2(1):7–21.
- Shin T, Shin S, Kwak H. The current status and future challenge for the development of korea consulting industry. Service Management Society. 2006; 7(2):141–71.
- Ooshuizen H. The management consulting industry in South Africa -A strategic Assessment. South African Journal of Business Management. 2003; 34(4):1–55.
- Lee S. A plan of strengthen the management consulting industry competitiveness. HanGaRam: Seoul. 1999; 26(4):257–70.
- Madden G, Savage SJ. Telecommunications and economic development. International Journal of Social Economics. 2000; 27(7):893–906.
- Teece DJ. Expert talent and the design of (professional services) firms. Indusrial and Coporate Change. 2003; 12(4):895–916.
- Kim K. Analysis on economic factors for foreign direct investment in the reinvigoration of the Korean tourism industry. Tourism Research. 2008; 20(1):125–44.
- Bartel A. Measuring the employer's return on investment in training: Evidence from the literature. Industrial Relations. 2000; 39(3):502–24.
- Tharenou P, Saks A, Moore C. A review and critique of research on training and organizational level outcomes. Human Resource Management Review. 2007; 77(3):227–51.
- Gwak H. The current status and future challenge for the development of Korea consulting industry. Journal of the Korea Service Management Society. 2008; 11(1):1–23.
- Jang S. Organizational learning, environmental uncertainty, and firm`s performance Korean. Academy of Human Resource Management. 2008; 15(1):153–73.
- Yeung A, Ulrich D, Nason S, Von Glinow M. What we know about organizational learning: Different learning styles. Organizational Learning Capability. 1999; 2:19–59.
- Greiner L, Metzger R. Consulting to management. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall; 1983.
- Joshi K, Kuhn K. What it takes to succeed in information technology consulting, exploring the gender typing of critical attributes. Information Technology and People. 2007; 20(4):400–24.
- Bassellier G, Benbasat I. Business competence of information technology professionals: Conceptual development and influence on IT-business partnerships. MIS Quarterly. 2004; 28(4):673–94.
- Gilley J, Eggland S. Principles of human resources development. Cambridge: Mass, Preseus Books; 1989.
- Lee G. Industrial interdependency in knowledge-based society. Seoul: Korea Institute for Industrial Economics and Trade; 1999.
- Hong D, Kim Y, Jung Y. Economic effects analysis of information and communications. Industry Using Input-Output Tables. 1999; 6(1):1–16.
- O'Reilly C, Pfeffer J. Hidden value: How great companies achieve extraordinary results with ordinary people. 1st ed. Harvard Business Press; 2000 Jul.
- Yoo M, Park W, Im B. A study on the effect of education and individual ability on job commitment of salesmen. Korean Corporation Management Association. 2010; 33:103–24.
- Bonoma TV, Zaltman GG. Psychology for management. Kent Publishing Co; 1999 Jan.
- Song G, Lee H. The study on the relationship of organizational commitment with occupational stress and stress coping ability. The Korean Journal of Industrial and Organizational Psychology. 1999; 10(1):21–38.
- Bagozzi R, Yi Y. On the evaluation of structural equation models. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. 1988 Mar; 16(1):74–94.
- Kim S, Chae M. An empirical study on the impact of the strategic human resource development on organization effectiveness -focusing on intermediating effect of learning organization. Korean Academy of Human Resource Management. 2008; 15(4):21–35.
- McKnight R, Howard C, Carpenter M. Elastic anomalies associated with transformation sequences in perovskites: I. Strontium zirconate, SrZrO3. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter. 2009; 21(1)1–20.
- Moore T. Teaching statistics: Resources for undergraduate instructors [MAA notes number 52]. Washington DC: Mathematics Association of America; 2000.
- Judge T, Parker S, Colbert A, Heller D, Ilies R. Job satisfaction: A cross-cultural review. Handbook of industrial, Work and Organizational Psychology; 2001.
- Schneider R, Stelfox J, Boutin S, Wasel S. Managing the cumulative impacts of land uses in the Western Canadian sedimentary basin: A modeling approach. Conservation Ecology. 2003 Apr; 7(1):1–15.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.