Total views : 229
A New Experimental Model to Improve Health Function after Hand and Wrist Surgery
Objectives: The research aims on the development of an experimental technology to improve health function after hand and wrist surgery. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This survey was conducted with 166 patients who have visited orthopedic surgery of a university hospital located in Chungnam area from December 21, 2014 through June 8, 2015. The paper shows the differences of health function after carpal tunnel surgery pre and post modeling technology by the power of a 2-group t test using SPSS 17.0. Findings: As a result, for wrist tunnel syndrome, the carpal tunnel status in subjects who has suffered from paresthesia significantly decreased after the modeling technology (t = 1.92, p = .00). Therefore, a positive effect of this study will become a benchmark in the establishment of future medical information system and a literature that provides invaluable insights might in the effect of a medical information system. Improvements: This health model can be improved by considering other significant functions.
Component, Experimental Model, Health Function, Hand and Wrist Surgery, Modeling Technology, Syndrome.
- Sterens JC. Carpal tunnel syndrome in Rochester, Minnesota. Neurology. 1998; 38(1):134–8.
- Seo DW, Lee MD, Jeon BS, Park SH, Roh JK, Lee SB. Clinical studies on carpal tunnel syndrome. Journal of Korean Neurological Association. 1994; 12(1):80–6.
- Dawson DM. Entrapment neuropathies of the upper extremities. New England Journal of Medicine. 1993 Dec; 329:2013–8.
- Phalen GS. Reflections on 21 years`experience with the carpal tunnel syndrome. Journal of the American Medical Association. 1970 May; 212(8):1365–7.
- Higgs PE. Relation of preoperative nerve conduction values to outcome in workers with surgically treated carpal tunnel syndrome. Journal Hand Surgery. 1997 Mar; 22(2):216–21.
- Kummel BM, Zazanis GA. Shoulder pain as the presenting complaint in carpal tunnel syndrome. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 1973 May; (92):227–30.
- Lee SR. The model development and empirical application for the alleviation of low back pain. Advanced Science and Technology Letters. 2014; 50:24–31.
- Masear VR, Hayes JM, Hyde AG. An industrial cause of carpal tunnel syndrome. Journal of Hand Surgery. 1986 Mar; 11(2):222–7.
- Stevens JC, Sun S, Beard CM, O’Fallon WM, Kurland LT. Carpal tunnel syndrome in Rochester, Minnesota. Neurology. 1988 Jan; 38(1):134–8.
- Szabo RM, Gelberman RH. The pathophysiology of nerve entrapment syndromes. The Journal of Hand Surgery. 1987 Sep; 12(5):880–4.
- Tanzer RC. The carpal tunnel syndrome, a clinical and anatomical study. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 1959 Jun; 41-A(4):628–34.
- Lee SR. Short-term impact analysis of a clinical information system adoption on relieving menstrual distress. International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology. 2014; 6(2):61–8.
- Le TH, Do HT. Application of general sidelobe canceller and sparse array in relieving congestion in multi-beam CDMA systems. International Journal of Future Generation Communication and Networking. 2014 Feb; 17(1):71–80.
- Krom M, Kester ADM, Knipschild PG, Spaas F. Risk factors for carpal tunnel syndrome. American Journal of Epidemiology. 1990; 132(6):1103–5.
- Lee SR. The effect of an integrated information system adoption for performance ability improvement in hypertensive patients. International Journal of Software Engineering and its Applications. 2014; 8(2):335–42.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.