Total views : 362
Location Disambiguation for POI Detection using Lingustic Clues in Social Media
Objectives: With the rise of locative media fostered by the growing ubiquity of mobile devises, many researches to detect users’ preferred location information have been actively studied. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This paper proposes a method for hot place detection based on social media contents. Especially, we focus on POIs (Point-Of-Interests) disambiguation using linguistic clues based on social media content analysis. We try to combine implicit clues using linguistic analysis and geometric metadata which are embedded in tweet mentions. This feature can help to overcome the limitation of using explicit information only. Findings: By experiment results based on real tweet data, we show the effects and usage of our proposed method. Improvements/Applications: The POI method can also be enhanced by considering other efficiency metrics.
Linguistic Clues, Location Disambiguation, POI, Social Media.
- Jinpeng C, Zhenyu W, Hongbo G, Zhang C, Xuejun C, Deyi L. Recommending Interesting Landmarks Based on Geo-tags from Photo Sharing Sites. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2013 Oct; 8181:151 – 9.
- Hjorth L. The place of the emplaced mobile: A case study into gendered locative media practices. Mobile Media & Communication. 2013 Jan; 1(1):110–5.
- Hotspot (Wi-Fi).Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotspot-(Wi-Fi). Date Accessed: 28/07/2016.
- Zhu X, Zhou C. POI Inquiries and data update based on LBS. Proceedings of International Symposium on Information Engineering and Electronic Commerce. 2009; 730–4.
- Roth J. Context-aware Web Applications Using the Pin Point Infrastructure. Proceedings of International Conference WWW/Internet. 2002 Nov, pp. 1–8.
- Marmasse NC Schmandt, Safe & sound - a wireless leash. Proceeding CHI '03 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing System. 2003; 726–7
- Warneke B. Smart Dust: Communicating with a Cubic Millimeter Computer. IEEE Computer. 2001 Jan; 34 (1):44–51.
- Li Y. Sensor Network Measurement Technologies Based on Endto-end Measurement. Doctoral Thesis of Northwest Industrial University. 2007.
- Li D. The Construction and Application of Wuhan Urban Grid Management and Service System. Bulletin of Surveying and Mapping. 2007.
- Zhang Y. A mine emergency communication system based on wireless sensor networks. Industry and Automation. 2008; 4: 71–3.
- Yang D, Zhang D, Chen L, Qu B. NationTelescope: Monitoring and visualizing large-scale collective behavior in LBSNs. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2015 Sep; 55:170–80.
- Lu X, Yu Z, Guo B, Zhou X. Predicting the content dissemination trends by repost behavior modeling in mobile social networks. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2014 Jun; 42:197–207.
- Yang D, Zhang D, Yu Z, Yu Z. Fine-grained preference-aware location search leveraging crowdsourced digital footprints from lbsns. Proceedings of the ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing. 2013 Sep. p. 479–88.
- Oh HJ, Yun BH, Chio NH, Yoo CJ, Kim Y. Visualization for Preferred Locations and Moving Patterns According to User Groups based on Contents Analysis in Social Big Data. Journal of Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology. 2014 Dec; 12(12):195–203.
- The Streaming APIs Overview. Available from: https://dev.twitter.com/streaming/overview. Date Accessed: 2016.
- Min KJ, Young-Tack P. POI Detection and Route Identification for Building Route Models for Smartphone users. Journal of KIISE: Software and Application.2013; 40(12):799–808.
- Oh HJ, Yun BH. Hot Place Detetion based on Social Media Content Analysis. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Internet of Things and Convergence. 2015. p. 231–2.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.