Total views : 275
Citation Analysis on South Korea S and T Journals in 2014
Objectives: Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI) has produced Korea Science Citation Index (KSCI) and has published Korea Journal Citation Reports (KJCR) since 2002. This study was aimed to explore various citation indicators between journals by employing network analysis based Korea Science Citation Database (KSCD). Methods/Statistical Analysis: This study used KSCD (KJCR 2014 coverage) for citation analysis on Korean S&T Journals in 2014. KJCR followed the same model like JCR and is calculated, based on articles in recent 3 years and references in recent one year. Specifically, there are 700 titles of journals for KJCR 2014. Findings: This study analyzes the most recently published KJCR in 2015 and 2014 and suggests the reference’s composition of data type as well as the high rank journals with the yearly trend of main citation index and each fields of citation index. In addition, this paper suggests citation map among the whole journals and classified by subjects through citation network analysis. Through this study, various citation trends of Korea ST journals was revealed, Specifically each journal’s and classified subject’s citation relation through network analysis and composition of citation map. Improvements/Applications: Inter Citation Network Map were produced based on journals in KJCR 2014.
Citation Analysis, Citation Network Map, Korea Journal Citation Reports (KJCR), Korea Science Citation Database (KSCD), Korea Science Citation Index (KSCI).
- Kang M, Shin J, Kim B. Automatic Subject Classification of Korean Journals Based on KSCD. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(S1):452-56.
- KSCI: Korea Science Citation Index Service. http://society.kisti.re.kr/. Date accessed: 13/07/2016.
- KJCR: Korea Journal Citation Reports. http://society.kisti.re.kr/sv/SV_svdsfd02V.do?method=view&no=1165&bdki=D&crno=10&menuid=1&subid=35. Date accessed: 14/07/2015.
- Nam Y, Seo H, Kim G. Citing Behaviors of Researchers in Korea Civil Engineering. Journal of the Korean Society for information Management. 2011; 28(4):201-20.
- Kim B, Kang M, Choi S, Kim S, You B, Shin J. Citing behavior of Korean scientists on foreign journals in KSCD. Journal of the Korean Society for information Management. 2011 Jun; 28(2):117-33.
- Choi S, Kim B, Kang M, You B, Lee J, Park J. A Study of Citing Patterns of Korean Scientists on Korean Journals. Journal of the Korean Society for information Management. 2011; 28(2): 97-115.
- Choi H, Kim B, Jung Y, Choi S. Korean scholarly information analysis based on Korea Science Citation Database (KSCD). Collnet Journal of Scientometrics and Information Management. 2013 Aug; 7(1):1-33.
- Ryoo J, Choi E. A Comparison Test on the Potential Utility between Author Profiling Analysis (APA) and Author Co-Citation Analysis (ACA). Journal of the Korean Society for information Management. 2011; 28(1):123-44.
- Choi S. An Informetric Analysis on Intellectual Structures with Multiple Features of Academic Library Research Papers. Journal of the Korean Society for information Management. 2011; 28(2):65-78.
- Byun J, Chung E. Domain Analysis on Electrical Engineering in Korea by Author Bibliographic Coupling Analysis. Journal of Information Management. 2011; 42(4):75-94.
- Jo S, Lee J. Journal Co-citation Analysis for Library Services in Pharmaceutics. Journal of Information Management. 2012; 43(1):159-85.
- Cho H. A Study on the Analysis of Intellectual Structure of Korean Veterinary Sciences. Journal of Information Management. 2012; 43(2):43-66.
- Kim P, Lee J. A Study on Journal Impact Measurement with Hirsch-type Indices. Journal of the Korean Society for information Management. 2010; 27(1):269-87.
- Lee J. A Study on Document Citation Indicators Based on Citation Network Analysis. Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science. 2011 May; 45(2):119-43.
- Lee J. Journal Page Rank Calculation in the Korean Science Citation Database. Journal of the Korean BIBLIA Society for library and Information Science. 2012; 22(4):361-379.
- Lee J, Yu S, Lee J. Strategies for Improving Scholarly Information Service with Citation Information. Journal of Information Management. 2010; 41(1):43-67.
- Lee J, Yang K, Kim B, You B. Analysis of Korea Science Citation Database's effect on JCR. Journal of Information Management. 2012; 43(3):23-41.
- Park J, Choi S, Kim B. A Study on Utilization of Korea Science Citation Database (KSCD) Based on Data Mining Techniques. Journal of Information Management. 2012; 43(4):191-210.
- JCR: Journal Citation Reports. http://blog.vlib.mpg.de/esi-jcr-incites/. Date accessed: 05/08/2014.
- Eugene G. The history and meaning of the journal impact factor. Jama. 2006 Jan; 295(1):90-93.
- Gephi. http://www.martingrandjean.ch/gephi-introduction/. Date accessed: 14/10/2015.
- Prathma M, Shivangi G, Sunita Y. Social Network Analysis using Interest Mining: A Critical Review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16):1-8.
- NodeXL. http://nodexl.codeplex.com/. Date accessed: 23/01/2014.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.