Total views : 287
Bulk Arrival, Fixed Batch Service Queue with Unreliable Server and with Compulsory Vacation
Objectives: To derive a steady state solution of bulk arrival queue with fixed batch service, in addition the server may break down and the server takes compulsory vacation at each service completion points. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Using supplementary variable technique and Laplace Stieltjes transform, the probability generating functions has been obtained for finding the steady state solution. Findings: Using the properties of probability generating function, some performance measures of the queuing model have been obtained at various server state. The model has been compared with existing once by assuming particular distributions to respective random variables. Application/Improvements: The results obtained has been comprehended by illustrating numerical examples.
Batch Arrival, Batch Service, Compulsory Vacation, Probability Generating Function and Operating Characteristics, Unreliable Server.
- Bacot JB, Dshalalow JH. A bulk input queueing system with batch gated service and multiple vacation policy. Mathematical and Computer Modelling. 2001; 34:873-86.
- Choudhary G. A batch arrival queue with a vacation time under single vacation policy. Computers and operation research. 2002; 29:1941-55.
- Choudhury G, Deka M. A single server queueing system with two phases of service subject to server break down and Bernoulli vacation. Applied Mathematical Modelliing. 2012; 36:6050-60.
- Choudhury G, Deka M. A batch arrival unreliable server Bernoulli vacation queue with two phases of service delayed repair. International Journal of Operations Research. 2013; 10(3):134-52.
- Doshi BT. Single server queue with vacation; a survey. Queuing systems. 1986; I:29-66.
- Grey WL, Wang PP, Scatt MK. A vacation queueing model with service break down. Applied Mathematical Modelling. 2000; 24:391-400.
- Haridass M, Arrumuganathan R. Analysis of a bulk queue with unreliable server and single vacation.
- International Journal of Open Problems Compt.Math.2008; 1(2):130-48.
- Kalyanaraman R, Nagarajan P. Bulk arrival, fixed batch service queue with unreliable server and with Bernoulli vacation. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2016; 11(1):421-29.
- Ke JC. Modified T Vacation policy for an M/G/1 queuing system with an unreliable server and start up. Mathematical and Computer Modelling. 2005; 41:1267-77.
- Ke JC. Operation characteristics analysis of M /G/1 system with varient vacation policy and balking. Applied Mathematical Modelling. 2007; 31:1321-37.
- Ke JC, Huang KB, Peam WL. A batch arrival queue under randomized multple vacation policy with unreliable server and repair. International Journal of System Science. 2012; 13(2):552-65.
- Lee SS, Lew HW, Yoon SH, Chae KC. Batch arrival queue with N Policy and single vacation. Computer and Operations Research. 1995; 22:173-89.
- Li W, Shi D, Chao X. Reliablity analysis of M/G/1 queueing system with server breakdown and vacations. Journal of Applied Probability. 1997; 34:546-55.
- Takagi H. Amsterdam, North-Holland: Queueing Analysis vacation and priority system. 1991; 29.
- Wang KH. Optimal operation of a Markovian queuing system with a removable and non-reliable server. Micro Electron Reliab. 1995; 35:1131-36.
- Wang KH. Optimal control of an M/E /1 queuing system with removable service station subject to breakdow. Operation Research Society. 1997; 48:936-42.
- Wang KH, Chang KW, Sivazlian BD. Optimal control of removable and non-reliable server in an infinite and finite M/H /1 queueing system. Applied Mathematical Modelling. 1999; 23:651-66.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.