Total views : 242
Spectrum Sharing and Inter Cell Interference Mitigation in Wireless Cellular Networks
Objective: Spectrum shortage and Inter Cell Interference (ICI) are two factors which limits the performance of wireless cellular networks. Methods/Analysis: One of the popular methods is Soft Frequency Reuse which effectively controls the spectrum management and reduces the ICI for wireless networks. In conventional static Soft Frequency Reuse (SFR) scheme, transmission power in cell and allocation of subcarriers are fixed during the system deployment, which affects the performance of system. Findings: This paper focuses Intercell Resource Allocation algorithm, which is dynamic in nature and optimizes both subcarrier and transmission power for cellular network. Novelty/Improvement: Intercell Resource Allocation algorithm result in greater improvement in data rate and system capacity.
Intercell Interference (ICI), Long-Term Evolution (LTE), LTE-Advanced (LTE-A), Soft Frequency Reuse (SFR), Spectrum Management.
- Hunt B, Tafazolli R. On Interference Avoidance Through Inter-cell Interference Coordination (ICIC) Based on OFDMA Mobile Systems. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. 2013; 15(3):973–95.
- Sabitha GR. Multi-Level Queue based Resource Allocation in Downlink of OFDMA Wireless Cellular Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10):1–6.
- Sawahashi M, Wang J, Zhou Y, Ng Higuchi TS. OFCDMA: A promising broadband wireless access technique. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2008 Mar; 46(3):38–49.
- E-UTRAN and E-UTRA overall description: stage 2, 3GPP, TS36.300 V8.12.0. Available from: http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/136300_136399/136300/08.12.00_60/ts_136300v081200p.pdf. Date Accessed: 2010.
- Arun M, Anudeep Kumar Reddy A, Thulasiram V. Optimal Resource Allocation and Power Management for Mobile-To-Mobile Communication in Cellular Network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(S2):235–41.
- Interfrence management for 4G standards. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5534591/. Date Accessed: 03/08/2010.
- Performance evaluation of frequency planning schemes in OFDMA-based networks. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4524321/. Date Accessed: 20/05/2008.
- 3GPP drives GSM-R to a new track. Available from: http://www.3gpp.org. Date Accessed: 5/08/2016.
- Comparison of fractional frequency reuse approaches in OFDMA downlinks. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5683973/. Date Accessed: 6/12/2010.
- Traffic aware network planning and green operation. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6056689/. Date Accessed: 24/10/2011.
- Hegde N, Bonald T. Capacity gains of some frequency reuse schemes in OFDMA networks. GLOBECOM'09 Proceedings of the 28th IEEE Conference on Global Telecommunications. 2009. p. 4403–8.
- Leung VCM, Ali SH. Dynamic resource allocation in fractional frequency reused OFDMA networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2009 Aug; 8(8):4286–95.
- Viswanathan H, Stolyar A. Self organizing dynamic fractional frequency reuse for best effort traffic through distributed inter-cell coordination. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5062043/. Date Accessed: 19/04/2009.
- De Veciana G, Choung S, Son K. Dynamic association for load balancing and interference avoidance in multicell networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2009 Jul; 8(7):3566–75.
- Hachem W, Bianchi P, Ciblet P, Ksairi N. Resource allocation for downlink cellular OFDMA systems, Part II: Practical Algorithms and Optimal Reuse Factor. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2010 Feb; 58(2):735–49.
- Inter-cell Interference Coordination Based on Softer Frequency Reuse in OFDMA Cellular Systems. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4590354/. Date Accessed: 07/06/2008.
- Soft frequency reuse in large networks with irregular cell pattern. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5450096/. Date Accessed: 13/09/2009.
- Adaptive Soft frequency reuse for intercell Interference Coordination in SC-FDMA based 3GPP networks. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4698691/. Date Accessed: 30/11/2008.
- Adaptive power allocation for soft frequency reuse in Multicell LTE networks. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6381049/. Date Accessed: 2/10/2012.
- Intercell Interference coordination through adaptive soft frequency reuse in LTE networks. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6214041/. Date Accessed: 1/04/2012.
- Shi JL, Zhou Y, Tian L. Resource allocation for multicast services in distributed antenna systems with QoS. IET communications. 2012 Feb; 6(3):264–71
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.