Total views : 550
Mobile based Attendance Management System
The objective of this paper is to enforce some of the emerging technologies like mobile computing, Information and Communication Technology and advances in behavioral science studies to enhance and enrich the current educational system, since education technology in India has been modernizing in the recent years due to the development and penetration of information technology. The mobile technology has been chosen for this study. The methodology of this work is to develop an android based mobile attendance management system where attendance can be recorded via mobile devices using ASP. NET and SQL Server. Findings of this developed software stores, retrieves and deliver the information about the student information such as present or absent through mobile device. Results are very helpful to the organization to keep, track and maintain information about students also easy to deliver the report about the students to the concern parents. Further this work can be extended to keep the student’s information regarding internal marks, semester marks and other activities involved in the organization.
Attendance, Education, Information and Communication Technology, Mobile Computing.
- Student Attendance Through Mobile Devices. Available from: http://ethesis.nitrkl.ac.in/5195/1/109CS0146.pdf. Date Accessed: 11/05/2013.
- Chawhan SS, Girhale MP, Mankar G. Mobile Phone Based Attendance System. IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering. 2013 Mar-Apr; 10(3):48–50.
- Online Student Attendance Management System Project. Available from: http://1000projects.org/online-student-attendance-management-system-project.html. Date Accessed: 5/08/2012.
- Jessenth Ebenezer P, Muralidharan MR, Srikanth S, Ramesh E, Prabhu S. Android Application for Student Activity Register. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Advanced Technology. 2014 Apr-May; 2(2):1–3.
- Joshi R, Shete VV, Somani SB. Android Based Smart Learning and Attendance Management System. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2015 Jun; 4(6):256–60.
- Sospeter J, Kaijage S. Requirement Analysis and Design of RFID and Mobile Application based Attendance Management System: A Case Study of Ordinary Level Schools. Communications on Applied Electronics (CAE). 2015 Aug; 2(6):17–22.
- Akhila K, Prathyusha B, PavanKumar M, Amrutha M. A Novel Approach of Mobile Based Student Attendance Tracking System Using Android Application. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT). 2013 Apr; 2(4):2139–43.
- Mahat SS, Mundhe SD. Proposed Framework: College Attendance Management System with Mobile Phone Detector. International Journal of Research in IT and Management. 2015; 5(11):72–82.
- Patel UA, Swaminarayan Priya R. Development of a Student Attendance Management System using RFID and Face Recognition: A Review. International Journal of Advance Research in Computer Science and Management Studies. 2014 Aug; 2(8):109–19.
- Avinaash Ram SP, Albert Mayan J. Mobile Attendance Management and Employee Registration. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2015 May; 10(8):3727–30.
- Mohammad SU, Allayear SM, Das NC, Talukder FA. A Location Based Time and Attendance System. International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering. 2014 Feb; 6(1):36–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.