Total views : 246
Enhanced Security for Wireless Sensor Networks Using Smart Mobile Agents
Objectives: To enhance wireless sensor network security by selecting secure nodes for transmission and eliminating threat nodes from the routing path using Mobile Agent (MA) deployment. Methods: Smart Mobile Agents (SMAs) executes three different functionalities such as data gathering, transmission, and behavior monitoring, each of which is incorporated to Mobile Collector, Dispatcher, and Scrutinizing Agents respectively. Findings: Simulation results prove that SMA based network improves throughput by 55.56%, minimizes misdetection and disconnection probability by 21.6% and 20% respectively. SMA based network also decreases packet loss by 20%. Improvements: SMA deployed network shows better performance than non-SMA based networks as they are complex while integrating the multiple functionalities as a single task.
Dispatcher Agent, Genus Function, Scrutinizing Agent, Smart Mobile Agents - Mobile Collector Agent, Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Jian Xu, Xin Zhou, Jian Han, Fuxiang Li, Fucai Zhou. Data Authentication Model Based on Reed-solomon Error-correcting Codes in Wireless Sensor Networks. Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers Technical Review. 2013 May; 30(3):191-99.
- Muhammad Usman, Vallipuram Muthukkumarasamy, Xin-Wen Wu, Surraya Khanum. Securing Mobile Agent based Wireless Sensor Network Applications on Middleware. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6380993/. Date Accessed: 13/12/2012.
- Extending Middleware frameworks for Wireless Sensor Networks. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5345420/. Date Accessed: 4/12/2009.
- Orhan Dagdeviren, Ilker Korkmaz, FatihTekbacak, Kayhan Erciyes. A Survey of Agent Technologies for Wireless Sensor Networks. Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, Technical Review. 2010; 27:1-7.
- Abdelhakim Hamzi, Mouloud Koudil, Jean-Paul Jamont, Michel Occello. Multi-Agent Architecture for the Design of WSN Applications. Wireless Sensor Network Journal. 2013 Feb; 5(2):14-25.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.