Total views : 194
A Proposed SVM for 3-level Transformer-less Dual Inverter Scheme for Grid Connected PV System
Objectives: This paper elucidates on proposed SVM for grid connected system using dual inverters to get improved output voltage and better current control with less switching loss and THD. Methods/Analysis: The system incorporates PV array, MPPT and boost converter which multiplies the output of the PV array. The split inductor used in this proposed system, which evades the treatment of the conventional transformer and the stepped output is converted into sinusoidal AC output and which gives better synchronization to ac applications. Split inductor reduces the shoot through problem, leakage current problem, reduces the defeat in the scheme and reduces the expenditure of the scheme. The proposed SVM algorithm is used as PWM controller for this dual inverter. This proposed scheme is simulated using Matlab/Simulink and the experimental outcomes are verified using the dsPIC controller. Findings: The proposed system is used for the conversion of the alternating current waveform and it eliminates the total harmonic distortion. This scheme aspires at reducing switching losses and to switching control easier than conventional system. The proposed SVM controls the capacitor balancing problems avoided by dual inverter instead of using multilevel inverter. Application/Improvement: This method provides improved output voltage and better current control compare to SPWM and conventional controllers. And Total Harmonic Distortion of the system reduces less than that of IEEE standard.
Boost Converter, Grid System, Multilevel Inverter (MLI), MPPT –P and O Method, Proposed SVM (Space Vector Modulation), PV Array, Split Inductor.
- Jayasri T, Hemalatha M. Categorization of respiratory signal using ANN and SVM based on feature extraction algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Sep; 6(9):1-6.
- Renjit JA, Shunmuganathan KL. Network based anomaly intrusion detection system using the SVM. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011 Sep; 4(9):1-4.
- Ghate VN, Dudul SV. SVM based fault classification of three phase induction motor. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009 Apr; 2(4):32-5.
- Noroozian M, Ngquist LA, Ghandhari M, Andersson G. Use of UPFC for optimal power flow control. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 1997 Oct; 12(4):1629–34.
- Rezvani A, Izadbakhsh M, Gandomkar M, Vafaei S. Implementing GA-ANFIS of maximum power point tracking in PV system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(10):982-91.
- Schauder CD, Gyugyi L, Lund MR, Hamai DM, Rietman TR, Torgerson DR, Edris A. Operation of the Unified Power Flow Controller (UPFC) under practical constraints. IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery. 1998 Apr; 13(2):630–9.
- Bavitra K, Sinthuja S, Manoharan N, Rajesh S. The high efficiency renewable PV inverter topology. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(14):1-6.
- Sano K, Takasaki M. A transformer-less D-STATCOM based on a multi-voltage cascade converter requiring no DC sources. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics. 2012 Jun; 27(6):2783–95.
- Renz BA, Keri A, Mehraban AS, Schauder C, Stacey E, Kovalsky L, Gyugyi L, Edris A. AEP unified power flow controller performance. IEEE Transactions Power Delivery. 1999 Oct; 14(4):1374–81.
- Rajasekaran P, Senthilkumar VJ. Comparative analysis of two levels VSI and three level neutral point clamped inverter for torque ripple reduction in induction drive. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(7):1-7.
- Yuan ZH, Haan SWHD, Ferreira JB, Cvoric D. A facts device: Distributed Power-Flow Controller (DPFC). IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics.2010 Oct; 25(10):2564–72.
- Prakash J, Sahoo SK, Sugavanam KR. Design of coordinated control scheme for hybrid resonant boost converter and multi level inverter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11):1-11.
- Kerekes T, Teodorescu R, Borup U. Transformer-less photovoltaic inverters connected to the grid. Proceeding of IEEE Applied Power Electronic Conference on Anaheim CA, USA; 2009 Jun. p. 1733–7.
- Timbus A, Liserre M, Teodorescu R, Rodriguez P, Blaabjerg F. Evaluation of current controllers for distributed power generation systems. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics. 2009 Mar; 24(3):654–64.
- Nayagam VS. Power reliability improvement of inverter with photovoltaic system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Mar; 8(6):570-3.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.