Total views : 190
Implementation of 5 Phase 3 Level NPC Inverter using Space Vector Modulation
Objectives: The implementation of five phase three level Neutral Point Clamped (NPC) inverter is illustrated using space vector modulation technique based on the optimized five vectors switching strategy. Methods/Analysis: In 5 phases 3 levels NPC inverter consists of 243 switching state vectors, which can be reduced to 113 states by optimized Space Vector Modulation (SVM) switching strategy. The system has 11 sectors, which is converted into 6 sectors in that sub regions can be identified by optimised technique in d-q voltage vector. Simulation results of the five phase three level neutral point clamped inverter using SVM verified using Matlab/Simulink. Findings: SVM utilities switching states among the available various redundant states to reduce the common mode voltage and capacitor balancing problem. Dwell time calculations for this proposed does not need of any lockup table and park transformation. It’s applicable for high power medium voltage, remote sensing and industrial applications. Novelty/Improvement: The 3level 5phase NPC inverter has improved power density of the machine, enhanced dissection of power source among the inverter legs, abridged amplitude and augmented frequency of the torque pulsation than the traditional inverters.
Neutral Point Clamped Inverter (NPCI), Optimised Space Vector Modulation (OSVM), Pulse Width Modulation Method (PWM), Switching States.
- Divan D, Johal H. A smarter grid for improving system reliability and asset utilization. Proceeding IEEE 5th International Power Electron, Motion Control Conference; 2006 Aug. p. 1–7.
- Sankar AB, Seyezhai R. Development of active neutral point clamped multilevel inverter BLDC drive employing FPGA. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(4):392-9.
- Subhashini M, Latha P, Bhagyaveni MT. Comparative analysis for harmonic distortion of a solar PV fed cascaded h-bridge multilevel inverter controlled FPGA and diode clamped inverter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(16):1-8.
- Antony ASM. Cascaded multilevel inverter of 11 levels for RL load with reduced distortion. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(19):1-3.
- Houy JMG, Rackliffe G. Advances in wind energy technologies for the context of smart grid. Proceeding IEEE. 2011 Jun; 99(6):1083–97.
- Patel BK, Smith HS, Hewes TS, Marsh WJ. Application of phase shifting transformers for Daniel-McKnight 500 kV interconnection. IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery. 1986 Jul; 1(3):167–73.
- Pandian G, Reddy SR. Simulation and analysis for multilevel inverter fed induction motor drive. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009 Feb; 2(2):1-3.
- Gyugyi L, Schauder CD. Static synchronous series compensator and solid-state approach to the series compensation of transmission lines. IEEE Transactions Power Delivery.1997 Apr; 12(2):406–17.
- Gyugyi L. Unified power-flow control concept for flexible AC transmission systems. IEE Proceeding C- Generation Transmission Distributed. 1992 Jul; 139(4):323–31.
- Gyugyi L, Schauder CD, Williams SL, Edris A. The unified power flow controller: A new approach to power transmission control. IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery. 1995 Apr; 10(2):1085–97.
- Ghahnavieh AR, Feuillet R, Firuzabad F. UPFC for enhancing power system reliability. IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery. 2012 Oct; 25(4):2881–90.
- Noroozian M, Angquist L, Ghandhari M, Andersson G. Use of UPFC for optimal power flow control. IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery. 1997 Oct; 12(4):1629–34.
- Yamini K, Vasudha B, Ponnambalam P. Implementation of fuzzy logic controller for cascaded multilevel inverter with reduced number of components. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(S2):240-56.
- Sankar AB, Seyezhai R. Development of active neutral point clamped multilevel inverter fed BLDC drive employing FPGA. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(4):392-9.
- Babu AR. Comparative analysis of cascadeded multilevel inverter for phase disposition and phase shift carrier PWM for different load. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(S7):251-62.
- Sano K, Takasaki M. A transformer less D-STATCOM based on a multivoltage cascade converter requiring no DC sources. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics. 2012 Jun; 27(6):2783–95.
- Renz BA, Keri A, Mehraban AS, Schauder C, Stacey E, Kovalsky L, Gyugyi L, Edris A. AEP unified power flow controller performance. IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery. 1999 Oct; 14(4):1374–81.
- Monteiro J, Silva JF, Pinto SF, Palma J. Matrix converter based unified power-flow controllers: Advanced direct power control method. IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery. 2011 Jan; 26(1):420–30.
- Hemachandu P, Reddy VCV, Kusuma N, Reddy DM. Influence of advanced multi-carrier modulation scheme for 15-level multilevel inverter using ANFIS controller. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11):1-8.
- Akagi H, Inoue S, Yoshii T. Control and performance of a transformer less cascade PWM STATCOM with star configuration. IEEE Transaction on Industry Applications. 2007 July-Aug; 43(4):1041–9.
- Gultekin B, Gercek CO, Atalik T, Deniz M, Bicer N, Ermis M, Kose K N, Ermis C, Koc E, Cadirci I, Acik A, Akkaya Y, Toygar H, Bideci S. Design and implementation of a 154-kV 50-Mvar transmission STATCOM based on 21-Level cascaded multilevel converter. IEEE Transaction on Industry Applications. 2012 May-Jun; 48(3):1030–45.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.