Total views : 299
A Study on QoS Improvement using MIMO-OFDM Technique
Objectives: This paper elucidates the analytical study of the diversity schemes and the channel estimation techniques. Methods/Analysis: The future generation wireless communication systems require high speed data connection with lower bandwidth usage and high QoS with minimal system complexity. So, Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) is one of the best and suitable solutions for future wireless system demands and not disturbing the bandwidth. MIMO offers spatial multiplexing and diversity gains. Findings: The combination of Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex (OFDM) with MIMO enables the users to get the advantages of both OFDM and MIMO and Spatial multiplexing concept is used in this system to increasing the spectral efficiency of a system. The signal fading is caused by destructive interference. Novelty/ Improvement: To improve the signal quality, we can use the different diversity schemes and channel estimation techniques and discussed in this paper detail.
Channel Estimation, Diversity Gain, MIMO, Multiplexing, OFDM.
- Motea Al-omari, Abd Rahman Ramli, A. Sali, Raja Syamsul Azmir, A Femtocell Cross-Tier Interference Mitigation Technique in OFDMA-LTE System: A Cuckoo Search based Approach. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(2):1-12.
- Rajani Kumari P, Chenna Kesava Reddy K, Ramesh KS. Ordered Successive Interference Cancellation for Maximum Throughput in Multi Stream MIMO using different Modulation Schemes. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(9):1-5.
- Zanella A, Chiani M, Win MZ. MMSE reception and successive interference cancellation for MIMO systems with high spectral efficiency. IEEE Trans. Wireless Communication. May 2005; 4(3):1244-53.
- Bello P.A. Selective Fading limitations of the modem and some system design considerations. IEEE Transactions on Communication Technology. 1965; 13:320-33.
- Shoba1 B, Jayanthi K. Performance Improvement of MIMO OFDM systems through channel Estimation. International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Networks (IJWMN). 2012 Oct; 4(5):49-59.
- Aanchal Jhingan, Lavish Kansal. Performance Analysis of FFT-OFDM and DWT-OFDM over AWGN Channel under the Effect of CFO. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(6):1-6.
- Peled, Ruiz A. Frequency Domain Data Transmission using Reduced Computational Complexity Algorithms. Procedings of International Conference on Acoustics, April 1980, 3, p. 964-67.
- Manikandan D, Neelamegam P, Divya E, OFDM Techniques for MIMO-OFDM System: A Review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22):1-4.
- Karray MK. Analytical evalution of QoS in the downlink of OFDMA wireless cellular networks serving streaming and elastic traffic. IEEE Transactions on Communication. May 2010; 9(5):1799-1807.
- Zimmerman M, Kirsch A. The variable rate data modem for HF radio. IEEE Transactions on Communication Technology. April 1967; 15(2):197-205.
- Seyed Mohsen Eghbali, Iman Beiranvand, PTS OFDM Scheme Based on ICA Algorithm for PAPR Reduction in Satellite Communication. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 June; 8(12):1-4.
- Li Y, Seshadri N, Ariyavisitakul S. Channel Estimation for OFDM systems with transmitter diversity in mobile wireless channel. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 1999; 17(3):461-71.
- Gayathri S, Sabitha R. Multi-Level Queue based Resource Allocation in Downlink of OFDMA Wireless Cellular Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10):1-6.
- Moher ML, Lodge JH. TCMP- a modulation and coding stretegy for Rician fading channels. IEEE Transactions on Communication Technology. 1967 Dec; 805-13.
- Aanchal Jhingan, Lavish Kansal. Performance Evaluation for Wavelet Based OFDM System Effected by CFO over Rayleigh Channel. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5):1-6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.