Total views : 186
Simulation and Modelling of 5-Level Single Phase Z-Source based Cascaded Inverter
Objectives: This paper illuminatessimulation and modelling of 5-level single phase Z-source based cascaded scheme inverter and its progress for output voltage twice the applied input voltage. Methods/Analysis: Z-source network utilizes a unique impedence network (L-C) combinations to connect with 5-level cascaded inverter, which gives unique features that cannot be obtained from the conventional inverter citcuits. Z-source network trounce the various restrictions of conventional voltage source inverter and current source inverters like reduced losses, voltage stress, improved output voltage. By using the shoot-through conditions the duty ratio of the proposed system can be speckled to achieve better output source voltage compare to conventional methods. This method is imitation using matlab - simulink with experimental results are verified using dsPIC controller. Findings: Z-source cascaded type H-bridge inverter facilitates to boost functional source voltage without any conservative dc - dc boost converters. The output source voltage of the planned system increased twice that of conventional inverter system and better current control is achieved.SPWM technique used to contorl the power switches placed in the proposed system. Novelty/ Improvement: The total harmonic level in the proposed system diminished and voltage stress in the each power switches also reduced. The method keeps away from the convention of dc/dc converter, diminishes the expenditure of the scheme and reduces voltage stress in the switches.
Cascaded Type H-Bridge Inverter (CHBI), Matlab/simulink, Sinusoidal based Pulse Width Modulation (SPWM), Z-source Network.
- Ali AJS, Ramesh GP. Comparison of PI and PID Controlled Wind Generator Fed Γ- Z Source based PMSM Drives.Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016 Jan; 9(1):1–6.
- Subhashini M, Latha P, Bhagyaveni MA. Comparative Analysis for Harmonic Distortion of a Solar PV Fed Cascaded H-bridge Multilevel Inverter Controlled by FPGA and Diode Clamped Inverter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(16):.1–8.
- Antony ASM.Cascaded Multilevel Inverter of 11 Levels for RL Load with Reduced Distortion. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(19):.1–3.
- Sekar RAR, Prasad DA. Improved Transformerless Inverter for PV Grid Connected Power System by using ISPWM Technique. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology. 2013 May;4(5):1512 –17.
- Mosazade SY, Fathi SH, Radmanesh H. An overview of High Frequency Switching Patterns of Cascaded Multilevel Inverters Suitable for PV Applications and Proposing an Modified Method. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2014 Sep;7(9):1342–49.
- Lai JS, Peng FZ. Multilevel Converters-A new Breed for Power Converters. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 1996 May-Jun;, 32(3): 509–17.
- Tolbert LM, Peng FZ, Habetler T. Multilevel Converters for Large Electric drives. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 1999 Jan-Feb; 35(1):36 –44.
- Loh PC, Gao F, Blaabjerg F, Sokweilim. Operational Analysis and Modulation Control of Three Level Z-Source Inverters with Enhanced Output Waveform Quality.Power Electronics and Applications. 2007 European Conference on. 2007 Sep. p.1 – 10.
- Kouro S, Lezana P, Angulo M, Rodríguez J. Multicarrier PWM with Dc-Link Ripple Feed forward Compensation for Multilevel Inverters. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics.2008 Jan; 23(1):.52–9.
- Prakash J, Sahoo SK, Sugavanam KR. Design of Coordinated Control Scheme for Hybrid Resonant Boost Converter and Multi Level Inverter.Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016 Mar; 9(11):.1–11.
- Gupta K,Khambadkone A. A Space Vector PWM Scheme for Multilevel Inverters Based on Two-Level Space Vector PWM. In: IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics.2006 Oct; 53(5):.1631–39.
- Nayagam VS. Power Reliability Improvement of Inverter with Photovoltaic System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Mar; 8(6):.570–3.
- Timbus A, Liserre M, Teodorescu R, Rodriguez P, Blaabjerg F. Evaluation of current controllers for distributed power generation systems. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics.2014 Mar; 24(3): 654–64.
- Ho CNM, Cheung VSP, Chung HSH. Constant-frequency hysteresis current control for grid-connected VSI without bandwidth control. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics. 2009 Nov; 24(11): 2484–95.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.