Total views : 204
Development of VIP for AMBA AXI-4.0 Protocol
Objective: With the recent trend of Intellectual Property (IP) based designs in developing a System On Chip (SoC), it became a complicated task to verify an System On Chip (SoC). In this situation, a Verification Intellectual Property (VIP) is very helpful. Many SoC Projects are following this trend of design flow, which is IP Core based and verification flow, which is VIP based, to reduce the time to release to market and to accelerate the Verification process for SoC. This work focuses on developing a Verification Intellectual Property (VIP) for Advanced eXtensible Interface (AXI)-4.0 Protocol, which belongs to family of Advanced Micro controller Bus Architecture (AMBA). Method: The VIP is developed by using latest Methodology named Universal Verification Methodology (UVM). Findings: The functionality of all the five channels of AXI is verified successfully. Multiple outstanding transaction and out of order transaction completion scenarios are also verified by using Questa sim tool. The functional coverage of 100% is obtained. Applications: The AXI is used as a bus to interconnect the functional blocks inside a SoC.
AMBA, AXI, Functional Coverage, IP, Multiple Outstanding Transaction, Out of Order Transaction Completion, SoC, UVM, VIP.
- Mahesh G, Shaktivel SM. Functional Verification of the Axi2Ocp Bridge using System Verilog and effective bus utilization calculation for AMBA AXI 3.0 Protocol. IEEE Sponsored 2nd International Conference on Innovations in Information, Embedded and Communication Systems (ICIIECS). 2015.
- Mahesh G, Shaktivel SM. Verification of Memory Transactions in AXI Protocol using System Verilog approach. IEEE ICCSP Conference. 2015.
- Naidu KJ, Srikanth M. Design and Verification of Slave block in Ethernet Management Interface using UVM. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5):1-7.
- AMBA AXI-4 Specification, Copyright ARM Limited.http://www.gstitt.ece.ufl.edu/courses/eel4720_5721/labs/ refs/AXI4_specification.pdf.
- Sebastian R , Mary SR, Gayathri M, Thomas A. Assertion Based Verification of SGMII IP Core incorporating AXI Transaction Verification Model. International Conference on Control, Communication and Computing India (ICCC).2015; p. 585-88.
- Chen X, Xie Z and Wang XA. Development of Verification Environment for AXI Bus Using System Verilog.International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering. 2013; 2(1):112-14.
- Chen CH, Iu JC, Huang II. A Synthesizable AXI Protocol Checker for SoC Integration. IEEE Transl, ISOCC. 2010; 8:103-6.
- Ranga A, Venkatesh LH, Venkanna V. Design and Implementation of AMBA-AXI Protocol Using VHDL for SOC Integration. International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science. 2012; 2(4):1-5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.