Total views : 146
A Meta-Model Implementation with Tabu Search Technique to Determine the Buying Pattern of Online Customers
Customers shopping pattern depends on features like demography, psychology, culture etc. Observing factors that affect online shopping behavior helps in classifying customers and devising proper marketing strategy. In this paper a metamodel was proposed to classify Indian online shoppers based on their online shopping pattern. Here 163 observations with 14 attributes related to online shopping data were gathered through a questionnaire. Online shopping overhead was relatively reduced by removing irrelevant features from the dataset by using Greedy Stepwise search and Tabu search. This reduced set of shopping data is applied to RBF classifier to correctly predict customer shopping trends. Results were evaluated using some vital performance metrics to determine classification efficiency. The proposed model using Tabu Search was inferred to be more performance driven since the classification accuracy with Tabu search was 88.35% while the error rate was reduced to 0.0786. The model development time was found to be just 1.23 sec with Tabu search. The Mathews Coefficient was determined to be 0.774 with Tabu search. The proposed work can also be extended to classify other real time data sets. Classification accuracy may further be enhanced by adding physiographic and cultural inputs to the proposed classifier.
Classification Accuracy, Feature Selection, Greedy Step-Wise Search, Online Shopping, Tabu Search, RBF Classifier.
- Kim J, Kim JH, Lee KH. Redefining factor affecting online purchase: a comparison of US and Korean online shoppers.In the Proceedings of International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA); 2009.
- Changchit C. Consumer perceptions of online shopping.Issues in Information systems. 2006; 7(2):177–81.
- Muthitacharoen A. Investigating consumer’s attitude toward internet shopping. In the Proceedings of the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS); 1999 Dec 31. p. 532–4.
- Hasslinger A, Hodzic S, Opazo C. Consumer behavior in online shopping. Kristianstad University, Sweden; 2007 Nov 29. p. 2–98.
- Hirst A, Omar O. Assessing women’s apparel behavior on the internet. Journal of Retail Marketing and Management Research. 2007 Oct; 1(1):32–40.
- Alam SS, Bakar Z, Ismail HB, Ahsan N. Young consumers online shopping: an empirical study. Journal of Internet Business. 2008; 5:81–98.
- Lin TW, Yang H. Female consumer behavior in a banking environment. International Conference on Service Operations and Logistics and Informatics; 2006 Jun. p. 564–9.
- E-shopping behavior [Internet]. 2011 [cited 2011 May 12].Available from: http://www.slideshare.net/gokayhamamci/ e-consumerbehaviour.
- Kiang MY, Jenny G, Robert TC. Understand user preference of online shoppers. International Conference on E-Technology, E-Commerce, E-Service; 2004 Mar. p. 123–30.
- Han M. Customer segmentation model based on retail consumer behavior analysis. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) International Symposium on Intelligent Information Technology Application Workshops; 2008 Dec. p. 914–7.
- Lee W–I, Shih BY, Chung YS. The exploration of consumer’s behavior in choosing hospital by the application of neural network. Expert Systems with Applications. 2008 Feb; 34(2):806–16.
- Chen NH, Chu KC. Enhancing consumer behavior analysis by data mining techniques. International Journal of Information Management Sciences. 2009 Mar; 20(1):39–53.
- Frederick K, Heilman CM, Samuel DR. A neural network application to consumer classification to improve the timing of direct marketing activities. Computers and Operations Research. 2005 Oct; 32(10):2595–2615.
- Majhi R, Pandu S, Panda B, Majhi B, Panda G. Classification of consumer behavior using functional link artificial neural network. In the Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Advances in Computer Engineering (ACE); 2010. p. 323–5.
- Majhi R, Bijayalaxmi P, Majhi B, Panda G. Development and performance evaluation of PSO based single layer nonlinear ANN classifiers of Indian online shoppers. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 4th International Conference on Advanced Engineering Computing and Applications in Sciences. 2010. p. 118–23.
- Scrucca L, Raftery AE. Clustvarsel: A package implementing variable selection for model-based clustering in R [Internet].2014 [cited 2014 Nov 4]. Available from: https:// arxiv.org/pdf/1411.0606v1.pdf.
- Wikipedia. Point pattern analysis [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2016 Jul 6]. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Point_pattern_analysis.
- Wikipedia. Radial basis function network [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2016 Jun 5]. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/Radial_basis_function_network.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.