Total views : 203
Application of FPGA Controller in Multidevice Interleaved DC/DC Boost Converter for Air Craft Electrical Systems
Background/Objectives: In this paper we study Two pole–Two phase and Four pole-Three phase Multidevice interleaved DC/DC boost converter with FPGA controller to achieve high performance for Aircraft Electrical systems where there is need of high efficiency, high thermal capability with power density. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Interleaved DC/DC boost converter has been usage in the power electronics circuits due to its inherent quality of huge reduction in source current ripple and output ripple voltage due to the interleaving of the input supply and multi devices. Findings: Multidevice Interleaved DC/DC boost converter has found huge applications due to its advantages like reduced size due to reduction in contribution current and output voltage ripple thereby reducing size of filter machineries. In addition to above advantages low EMI and low electric hassle in switching can be achieved. Application/Improvements: In this study employ Electric Motor to power the Aircraft and Batteries to supply power during Night flights connect via Bi-directional DC/DC converter.
Aircraft Electrical System, Energy Storage Systems, Field Programmable Gate Array, Multidevice Interleaved DC/DC Boost Converter and PV Cell.
- Ahmad A, Paulson S and Amar Y. Ministry New Renew. Energy, Government India: Solarizing India: Tapping the excellent potential renewable energy. 2016; 9(3):13–7.
- Mallikarjuna Reddy B, Narendra CH, Rambabu CH. A ZVS PWM Three-Phase current fed push-pull DC-DC converter with fuel cell input. IJSETR. 2014; 3(12):3449–54.
- Swati D, Jayaram Kumar SV. Analysis of wind driven selfexcited induction generator connected to grid interface with multi-level inverter. IJST. 2011; 1(3):19–25.
- Yoshida S, Ueno S, Kataoka N, Takakura H and Minemoto T. Estimation of global tilted irradiance and output energy using meteorological data and performance of photovoltaic modules. Solar Energy. 2013; 93:90–9.
- Ahmad A, Akhilesh KG and Paulson S. HDL Co-Simulation of Single Phase Z-Source Inverter. Allahabad, India: 2nd IEEE Students, Conference on Engineering and Systems of 3rd SCES: MNNIT. 2013.
- Gautham R and Sundereson P and Umanand L. A New bi-directional topologies for electrical drives. Journal of Indian institute of Science. 2000; 80:319–26.
- Karthik DR, Mallikarjuna Reddy B, Reddy Praveen Kumar. A ZVS PWM Three-Phase current fed pushpull DC-DC converter in Microgrids. IJSETR. 2015; 4(8):2783–92.
- Ahmad A, Paulson S. Mixed Simulation of Electrical power converters using MATLAB and Modelsim. India: E-mantha: IEEE Conference. 2012; p. 700–3.
- Bharathi ML, Kirubakaran D. Comparative Study on Solar Powered Interleaved Boost Converter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(3):123–9.
- Karthik DR, Mallikarjuna Reddy B, Singh Satendra Kumar. A PSCAD simulation on integration of multi-level inverters with the DC_DC converters for the AC motor applications. Tamilnadu: Noorul Islam University: ICCPCT conference. 2016. [In Press].
- Saravanan, Srinivasan V, Sandiya VP. A Two Stage DC-DC Converter with Isolation for Renewable Energy Applications. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 6(6):321–7.
- Mallikarjuna Reddy B, Samuel Paulson. A comparative analysis of non-isolated bi-directional dc-dc converters. IEEE power electronics society conference, July-2016. [In Press].
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.