Total views : 322
Optimal Placement of DG Based On Voltage Stability Index and Voltage Deviation Index
Objectives: In Modern world power production and its efficient usage defines the development of the country. In distribution system of an electrical network due to the influence of loads, voltage profile and losses are to be focussed a lot. In order to avoid the maximum losses and to maintain the voltage profile usage of Distribution Generator (DG) plays a major role in the network. Statistical Analysis: Since we have to use an appropriate place and size of DG, a measuring technique based with index through which optimal size and place can be identified and is implemented in the work. Findings: This Paper focuses on reducing power losses by accurately giving the location and size of DG based on two indices (a) Voltage Deviation Index (VDI) (b) Voltage Stability Index (VSI). Results such as power losses, location, size and cost of DG are obtained for both initial configuration and Feeder reconfigured state for IEEE 33 and 69 bus systems were listed. Applications: These analysis help us in installation of Different types of DG to present network where demand side management has to be followed.
Distributed Generation, Voltage Deviation Index, Voltage Stability Index.
- Charles T Huddleston, Robert P Broadwate, Chandrasekran A. Reconfiguration Algorithm for Minimizing Losses in Radial Electric Distribution Systems. Electric Power Systems Research. 1990 Jan; 18(1):57-66.
- Jasmon GB, Callistus LH, Lee C. A Modified Technique for Minimization of Distribution System Losses. Electric Power Systems Research. 1991 Feb; 20(1):81-88.
- Sarma NDR, Prakasa Rao KS. A new 0-1 integer programming method of feeder reconfiguration for loss minimization in distribution systems. Electric Power Systems Research. 1995 May; 33(2):125-31.
- Hsu CT, Tzeng YM, Chen CS, Cho MY. Distribution feeder loss analysis by using an artificial neural network. Electric Power Systems Research. 1995 Aug; 34(2):85-90.
- Ali Abur. A modified linear programming method for distribution system reconfiguration. Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 1996 Oct; 18(7):469-74.
- Kashem MA, Jasmon GB, Ganapathy V. A new approach of distribution system reconﬁguration for loss minimization. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2000 May; 22(4):269-76.
- Sinha AK, Hazarika D. A comparative study of voltage stability indices in a power system. Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2000 Nov; 22(8):589-96.
- ChingTzong Su, Chu-Sheng Lee. Feeder reconﬁguration and capacitor setting for loss reduction of distribution systems. Electric Power Systems Research. 2001 Jun; 58(2):97-102.
- Ming Tong Tsay, Shun Yu Chan. The optimal Loss Reduction of distribution feeder based on transformer rearrangement. Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2001 Jun; 23(5):343-48.
- Saloman Danaraj RM, Shankarappa F Kodad, Tulsi Ram Das. An Algorithm for Radial Distribution Power Flow in Complex Mode Including Voltage Controlled Buses. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2007 Dec; 1(2):1-5.
- Yang Wang, WenyuanLi, Jiping Lu. A new node voltage stability index based on local voltage phasors. Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2009 Jan; 79(1):265-71.
- Mohammadi Nodushan M, Ghadimi AA, Salami A. Voltage Sag Improvement in Radial Distribution Networks Using Reconfiguration Simultaneous with DG Placement. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Jul; 6(7):4862-69.
- Murthy VVSN, Ashwanikumar. Comparison of optimal DG allocation methods in radial distribution systems based on sensitivity approaches. Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2013 Nov; 53:450-67.
- Khayti D Mistry, Ranjit Roy. Enhancement of loading Capacity of distribution system through distributed generator placement considering techno-economic benefits of load growth. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2014 Jun; 54:505-15.
- Wanlin Guan, Yanghong Tan, Haixianziang, Jianli Song. Distribution system feeder reconfiguration considering different models of DG. Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2015 Jun; 68:210-21.
- Murthy VVSN, Ashwani Kumar. Optimal placement of DG in radial distribution systems based on voltage stability index under load growth. Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2015 Jul; 69:246-56.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.