Total views : 752
Novel Adaptive Whale Optimization Algorithm for Global Optimization
Background/Objectives: In the meta-heuristic algorithms, randomization plays a very crucial role in both exploration and exploitation. So meta-heuristic algorithms are proposed to avoid these problems. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A novel bio-inspired optimization algorithm based on the special bubble-net hunting strategy used by humpback whales called the Whale Optimization Algorithm (WOA). In contrast to meta-heuristic, main feature is randomization having a relevant role in both exploration and exploitation in optimization problem. A novel randomization technique termed adaptive technique is integrated with WOA and exercised on ten unconstraint test benchmark function. Findings: WOA algorithm has quality feature that it uses logarithmic spiral function so it covers a broader area in exploration phase then addition with powerful randomization adaptive technique potent the adaptive whale optimization Algorithm (AWOA) to attain global optimal solution and faster convergence with less parameter dependency. Application/Improvements: Adaptive WOA (AWOA) solutions are evaluated and results shows its competitively better performance over standard WOA optimization algorithm.
Adaptive Technique, Exploitation, Exploration, Hunting, Optimization, Whale Optimization Algorithm.
- Mirjalili Seyedali, Lewis Andrew. The Whale Optimization Algorithm. Advances in Engineering Software.2016 May; 95:51-67.
- Ong P. Adaptive Cuckoo search algorithm for unconstrained optimization. Hindawi Publication: The Scientific World Journal. 2014 Sep; 2014:1-8.
- Naik Manoj Kumar, Panda Rutupaparna. A novel adaptive cuckoo search algorithm for intrinsic discriminant analysis based face recognition. Applied Soft Computing. 2016 Jan; 38:661-75.
- Hua-Long Liu. Acoustic partial discharge localization methodology in power transformers employing the quantum genetic algorithm. Applied Acoustics. 2016 Jan; 102:71-8.
- Liu HL, Liu HD. Partial discharge localization in power transformers based on the sequential quadratic programming-genetic algorithm adopting acoustic emission techniques. The European Physical Journal Applied Physics. 2014 Oct; 68(1):1-16.
- Alvarez Fernando, Garnacho Fernando, Ortego Javier, Sanchez-Uran Miguel Angel. Application of HFCT and UHF Sensors in On-Line Partial Discharge Measurements for Insulation Diagnosis of High Voltage Equipment. Sensors. 2015 Apr; 15(4):7360-87.
- Kaveh A, Malakouti Rad S. Hybrid Genetic Algorithm and Particle Swarm Optimization for the Force Method-Based Simultaneous Analysis and Design. Iranian Journal of Science & Technology, Transaction B: Engineering. 2010 Feb; 34:15-34.
- Kaveh A, Talatahari S. A Hybrid Particle Swarm and Ant Colony Optimization for Design of Truss Structures. Asian Journal of Civil Engineering (Building and Housing). 2008 Jan; 9(4):329-48.
- Fister Iztok, Fong Simon, Brest Janez, Fister Iztok. A Novel Hybrid Self-Adaptive Bat Algorithm. Hindawi Publishing Corporation the Scientific World Journal. 2014 Apr; 2014:1-12.
- Gai-Ge Wang, Amir H Gandomi, Amir H Alavi, Deb Suash. A hybrid PBIL-based Krill Herd Algorithm. 2015 3rd International Symposium on Computational and Business Intelligence (ISCBI). 2015 Dec, pp.39 - 44.
- Gai-Ge Wang, Amir H Gandomi, Amir H Alavi, Deb Suash. A hybrid method based on krill herd and quantum-behaved particle swarm optimization. Neural Computing and Applications. 2016 May; 27(4):989-1006.
- Tahershamsi A, Kaveh A, Sheikholeslami R, Kazemzadeh Azad S. An improved rey algorithm with harmony search scheme for optimization of water distribution systems. Scientia Iranica. 2015 Jan; 2015:1-6.
- Lihong Guo, Gai-Ge Wang, Heqi Wang, Dinan Wang. An Effective Hybrid Firefly Algorithm with Harmony Search for Global Numerical Optimization. Hindawi Publishing Corporation. The Scientific World Journal. 2013 Sep; 2013:1-9.
- Gai-Ge Wang, Lihong Guo, Gandomi Amir Hossein, Guo-Sheng Hao, Heqi Wang. Chaotic krill herd algorithm. Information Sciences. 2014 Aug; 274:17-34.
- Gaige Wang, Lihong Guo. A Novel Hybrid Bat Algorithm with Harmony Search for Global Numerical Optimization. Hindawi Publishing Corporation Journal of Applied Mathematics. 2013; 2013:1-12.
- Kaveh A, Talatahari S. Hybrid Algorithm of Harmony Search, Particle Swarm and Ant Colony for Structural Design Optimization. Harmony Search Algo. for Structural Design Optimization. 2009; p. 159-98.
- A new hybrid method based on krill herd and cuckoo search for global optimization tasks. International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation. Date Accessed: 14/08/2015: Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/280723176_A_New_Hybrid_Method_Based_on_Krill_Herd_and_Cuckoo_Search_for_Global_Optimization_Tasks.
- Kaveh Ali, Hosseini Omid Khadem. A hybrid HS-CSS algorithm for simultaneous analysis, design and optimiza-tion of trusses via force method. Civil Engineering. 2012 Sep; 56(2):197-212.
- Kaveh A, Nasrollahi A. Engineering Design Optimization Using a Hybrid PSO and HS Algorithm. Asian Journal of Civil Engineering (Bhrc). 2013 Apr; 14(2):201-23.
- Gai-Ge Wang, Gandomi Amir Hossein, Alavi Amir Hossein, Guo-Sheng Hao. Hybrid krill herd algorithm with differential evolution for global numerical optimization. Neural Computing & Applications. 2014 Aug; 25(2):297-308.
- Gai-Ge Wang, Gandomi Amir Hossein, Xiangjun Zhao, Chu Hai Cheng Eric. Hybridizing harmony search algorithm with cuckoo search for global numerical optimization. Soft Computing. 2016 Jan; 20(1):273-85.
- Gaige Wang, Lihong Guo, Hong Duan, Heqi Wang, Luo Liu, Mingzhen Shao. Hybridizing Harmony Search with Biogeography Based Optimization for Global Numerical Optimization. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience. 2013 Oct; 10(10):2312–22.
- Talatahari S, Sheikholeslami R, Farahmand Azar B, Daneshpajouh H. Optimal Parameter Estimation for Muskingum Model Using a CSS-PSO Method. Hindawi Publishing Corporation Advances in Mechanical Engineering. 2013; 2013:1-6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.