Total views : 307
Performance Evaluation of Fuzzy DTC based PMSM for Pumping Applications
Background/Objectives: This paper presents fuzzy logic based Direct Torque Control on PMSM coupled with centrifugal pump for pumping applications and the performance evaluation of the proposed method. Methods/Statistical analysis: The proposed method is compared with the other DTC schemes such as, Conventional DTC, DTC with space vector modulation (SVM), MPDTC, DDTC and Field oriented control (FOC) for the performance evaluation. The mentioned strategy is analyzed and reviewed for centrifugal pump load under, various performance features in Mat Lab simulation. To pick the best, among all above mentioned control strategies, comparison has been done at various frequencies and speeds. Findings: It is found that the proposed DTC- FLC is having less torque ripple output among all the control strategies. Various motor control parameters analyzed are electromagnetic torque, stator current, rotor speed, stator flux etc., and pump parameters like flow rate and pressure are evaluated. Application/Improvements: The proposed DTC with FLC is having less torque ripple than existing DTC and MPDTC control strategies.
Centrifugal Pump, Direct Torque Control, Fuzzy Logic, Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor, VFD, Space Vector Modulation.
- Bouzeria H, Fetha C, Bahi T, Abadlia I, Layate Z, Lekhchine S. Fuzzy logic space vector direct torque control of pmsm for photovoltaic water pumping system. Energy Procedia. 2015 Aug; 74:760–71.
- Parsa L, Toliyat HA. Sensorless direct torque control of five-phase interior permanent-magnet motor drives. Industry Applications. IEEE Transactions on 2007 Jul –Aug; 43(4): 952–9.
- Takahashi I, Noguchi T. A new quick-response and high-efficiency control strategy of an induction motor. Industry Applications. IEEE Transactions on 1986 Sep; 22(5):820–7.
- Depenbrock M. Direct Self-Control (DSC) of inverter-fed induction machine. Power Electronics. IEEE Transactions on 1988 Oct; 3(4):420–9.
- Wang Z, Chen J, Cheng M, Chau KT. Field-oriented control and direct torque control for paralleled vsis fed pmsm drives with variable switching frequencies. Power Electronics. IEEE Transactions on 2016 Mar; 31(3):2417–28.
- Zhong L, Rahman MF, Hu WY, Lim KW. Analysis of direct torque control in permanent magnet synchronous motor drives. Power Electronics. IEEE Transactions on 1997 May; 12(3):528–36.
- Zhang Y, Zhu J, Zhao Z, Xu W, Dorrell DG. An improved direct torque control for three-level inverter-fed induction motor sensorless drive. Power Electronics. IEEE Transactions on 2012 Mar; 27(3):1502–13.
- Mir SA, Zinger DS, Elbuluk ME. Fuzzy controller for inverter fed induction machines. Industry Applications. IEEE Transactions on 1994 Jan-Feb; 30(1): 78-84.
- Essalmi A, Mahmoudi H, Abbou A, Bennassar A, Zahraoui Y. DTC of PMSM based on artificial neural networks with regulation speed using the fuzzy logic controller. In Renewable and Sustainable Energy Conference (IRSEC). 2014 International. 2014 Oct . p. 879–83.
- Ren Y, Zhu ZQ. Enhancement of steady-state performance in direct-torque-controlled dual three-phase permanent-magnet synchronous machine drives with modified switching table. Industrial Electronics. IEEE Transactions on 2015 Jun; 62(6):3338–50.
- Ortega C, Arias A, Caruana C, Balcells J, Asher GM. Improved waveform quality in the direct torque control of matrix-converter-fed PMSM drives. Industrial Electronics. IEEE Transactions on 2010 Jun; 57(6):2101–10.
- Niu F, Wang B, Babel AS, Li K, Strangas EG. Comparative evaluation of direct torque control strategies for permanent magnet synchronous machines. Power Electronics. IEEE Transactions on 2016 Feb; 31(2):1408-124.
- Swierczynski D, Kazmierkowski MP. Direct Torque Control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM) using space vector modulation (DTC-SVM)-simulation and experimental results. InIECON 02 [Industrial Electronics Society, IEEE 2002 28th Annual Conference of the] 2002 Nov; 1:751–5.
- Ningzhou L, Xiaojuan W, Xiaoyun F. An improved dtc algorithm for reducing torque ripples of pmsm based on cloud model and svm. In Multimedia Information Networking and Security (MINES). 2010 International Conference on 2010 Nov. p. 274–7.
- Mahammadsoaib MS, Patel Sajid M. Vector controlled PMSM drive using SVPWM technique-A MATLAB/simulink implementation. In Electrical, Electronics, Signals, Communication and Optimization (EESCO). 2015 International Conference on 2015 Jan. p. 1–5.
- Cai B, Zhu J. Direct torque control for induction machine based on space vector modulated. Control Conference (CCC). 2014 33rd Chinese. 2014 Jul. p. 8017 – 20.
- Ismail MM. Direct Torque Control of induction machine based on fuzzy logic algorithm. InControl, Decision and Information Technologies (CoDIT), 2013 International Conference on .2013 May . p. 224–30.
- Abianeh AJ, Ping HW. Simulation studies of optimized classical direct torque fuzzy controlled drive for permanent magnet synchronous motor. In Industrial Mechatronics and Automation (ICIMA). 2010 2nd International Conference. 2010 May; 1:210–3.
- Hamidia F, Larabi A, Boucherit MS, Abbadi A. Fuzzy direct torque controlled permanent magnet synchronous, doubly fed and induction motors. In Networking, Sensing and Control (ICNSC). 2013 10th IEEE International Conference on 2013 Apr. p. 54–8.
- Bian C, Ren S, Ma L. Study on direct torque control of super high-speed PMSM. In Automation and Logistics. 2007 IEEE International Conference on .2007 Aug. p. 2711–5.
- Zhao KQ, Qi ZY, Zhong X. A new direct torque controller to reduce torque ripple for permanent magnet synchronous motor drives. In Industrial Electronics Society. IECON 2013-39th Annual Conference of the IEEE. 2013 Nov. p. 2348–53.
- Zhang Y, Zhu J. Direct torque control of permanent magnet synchronous motor with reduced torque ripple and commutation frequency. Power Electronics. IEEE Transactions on. 2011 Jan; 26(1):235–48.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.