Total views : 297
Specific Absorption Rate Analysis of Aperture Coupled Antenna for Wireless Body Area Network Applications
Objective: This work presents the design and analysis of miniaturized aperture coupled antenna. The proposed antenna is designed to operate at 2.45GHz of Industrial Scientific Medical (ISM) band and intended to use for Wireless Body Area Network Applications (WBAN). Methods/Statistical analysis: The H shaped patch with aperture coupled feeding is incorporated to get symmetrical radiation pattern. By adjusting the dimensions of ground plane notch and feed line the miniaturization and desired operating frequency is achieved. The antenna’s performance is simulated at the vicinity of human arm biological tissue model to measure Specific Absorption Rate (SAR). Findings: The proposed antenna has compact form factor of 0.32λo x 0.3λo x 0.021λo. The electromagnetic numerical simulation software shows the SAR of 2.71 W/Kg. The antenna’s performance in terms of bandwidth, gain, radiation pattern is found invariable in presence of human arm tissue model. Application/Improvements: The result shows the proposed antenna possesses low SAR and small compact form factor which can be applicable for WBAN applications.
Aperture Coupled Antenna, Human Arm Model, Industrial Scientific Medical Band, Specific Absorption Rate, Wireless Body Area Network.
- Dhar S, Patra K, Ghatak R, Gupta B, Poddar DR. A dielectric resonator-loaded minkowski fractal-shaped slot loop heptaband antenna. IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation. 2015Apr; 63(4):1521–9.
- Sammeta R, Filipovic DS. Improved efficiency lens-loaded cavity-backed transmit sinuous antenna. IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation. 2014 Dec; 62(12):6000–9.
- Ghassemiand N, Wu K. Planar high-gain dielectric-loaded antipodal linearly tapered slot antenna for E- and H–band gigabyte point-to-point wireless services. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2013 Apr; 61(4):1747–55.
- Yıldırım B, Başaran E, Türetken B. Dielectric-loaded compact WLAN/WCDMA Antenna with shorted loop and monopole elements. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2013 Mar; 12:288–91.
- Abedian M, Rahim SKA, Danesh SH, Khalilyand M, Noghabaei SM. Ultrawideband dielectric resonator antenna with WLAN band rejection at 5.8 GHz. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2013 Nov; 12:1523–6.
- Oraizi H, Rezaei B. Dual-banding and miniaturization of planar triangular monopole antenna by inductive and dielectric loadings. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2013 Dec; 12:1594–7.
- Turk AS, Keskin AK. Partially dielectric loaded ridged horn antenna design for ultrawideband gain and radiation performance enhancement. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2012 Aug; 11:921–4.
- Itoh K, Miyata K, Igarashi H. Evolutional design of waveguide slot antenna with dielectric lenses. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. 2012 Feb; 48(2):779–82.
- Haraz OM, Sebak AR, Denidni TA. Dual polarized dielectric-loaded monopole antenna for wide-band communication applications. IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation. 2012 Apr; 6(6):663–69.
- Jiang ZH, Brocker DE, Sieber PE, Werner DHA. Compact, low-profile metasurface-enabled antenna for wearable medical body-area network devices. IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation. 2014 Aug; 62(8):4021–30.
- Kumari S, Gupta VR. Measurement of specific absorption rate of monopole patch antenna on human arm. International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology. 2015 May; 10(3):190–4.
- Lak A, Parhizgar N, Lak M. Effect of presence of human body on antenna gain. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(30):1–8.
- Radiation effects of wearable antenna in human body tissues [Internet]. [Cited 2014 May 26]. Available from: http://upcommons.upc.edu/handle/2099.1/22041.
- Gabriel C. Dielectric properties of body tissues. An Internet resource for the calculation;1996 Jun.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.