Total views : 1179
Analysis of Data Mining Techniques for Weather Prediction
Background/Objectives: To forecast weather, which is one of the greatest challenges in meteorological department. Weather prediction is necessary so as to inform people and prepare them in advance about the current and upcoming weather condition. This helps in reduction in loss of human life and loss of resources and minimizing the mitigation steps that are expected to be taken after a natural disaster occurs. Methods/Statistical analysis: This study makes a mention of various techniques and algorithms that are likely to be chosen for weather prediction and highlights the performance analysis of these algorithms. Various other ensemble techniques are also discussed that are used to boost the performance of the application. Findings: After a comparison between the data mining algorithms and corresponding ensemble technique used to boost the performance, a classifier is obtained that will be further used to predict weather. Applications: Used to Predict and forecast the weather condition of specific region based on the available pre historical data which helps to save resources and prepare for the changes forth coming.
Data Mining, Decision Tree, Ensemble Technique, Pre-Processing, Weather Prediction.
- Jadhawar BAAM. Weather forecast prediction: A data mining application. International Journal Of Engineering Research And General Science. 2015 Mar-Apr; 4(3):19–21.
- Gharehchopogh FS, Khaze SR, Maleki I. A new approach in bloggers classification with hybrid of k-nearest neighbor and artificial neural network algorithms. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(3):237–46.
- Petre EG. A decision tree for weather prediction. BULETINUL UniversităŃii Petrol – Gaze din Ploiesti; 2009 Apr. p. 77–82.
- Chauhan D, Thakur J. Data mining techniques for weather prediction: A review. International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication. 2014 Aug; 2(4):2184–9.
- Gokila S, Kumar KA, Bharathi A. Modified projected space clustering model on weather data to predict climate of next season. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(14):1–5.
- Joshi S, Pandey B, Joshi N. Comparative analysis of Naive Bayes and J48 classification. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2015 Dec; 5(12):813–7.
- Patil TR, Sherekar SS. Performance analysis of Naïve Bayes and J48 classification algorithm for data classification. International Journal of Computer Science and Applications. 2013 Apr; 6(2):256–61.
- Goyal A, Mehta R. Performance comparison of Naïve Bayes and J48 classification algorithms. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2012; 7(11):1–5.
- Verma A, Kaur I, Arora N. Comparative analysis of information extraction techniques for data mining. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11):1–18.
- Kalyankar MA, Alaspurkar SJ. Data mining technique to analyse the metrological data. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2013 Feb; 3(2):114–8.
- Taksande AA, Mohod PS. Applications of data mining in weather forecasting using frequent pattern growth algorithm. IJSR. 2015 Jun; 4(6):3048–51.
- Olaiya F. Application of data mining techniques in weather prediction and climate change studies. I. J. Information Engineering and Electronic Business. 2012 Jul; 1:51–9.
- Dutta PS, Tahbilder H. Prediction of rainfall using data mining technique over Assam. IJCSE. 2014 Apr/May; 5(2):85–90.
- Weka Software. Available from: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weka_(software)
- Joshi A, Kamble B, Joshi V, Kajale K, Dhange N. Weather forecasting and climate changing using data mining application. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2015 Mar; 4(3):19–21.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.