Total views : 183
Design of Modular Flyback Converter for Hybrid Renewable Energy System
Energy scarcity is one of the global issues in day to day life. The demand and consumption are moving head to head which ended up in considerable dependence of non renewable energy resources. The subsequent rise in the price and unavailability of non renewable energy sources aided to rely on the renewable energy resources in order to meet the power demand. Hybrid Energy System is one of the optimal techniques which can be efficiently utilizing the renewable energy resources. As the renewable energy resources depend upon the climatic condition it is difficult to rely upon a single system. In this paper wind and solar Hybrid Energy System is used. The output of the two different energy systems is fed to the modular DC-DC flyback converter in Input Parallel Output Series (IPOS) configuration. The system enjoys the full advantages of modularity like high efficiency and low cost. The flyback converters boost the input voltage from the hybrid energy system. The output of the system is verified using MATLAB/Simulink environment. The stability of the system is also assured due to modularity. The conventional complex powers electronic circuit can be reduced to certain extend. The system efficiency can further improved by using more number of flyback modules and modern control techniques.
Configuration, Hybrid, Input Parallel Output Series, Modular, Renewable Energy System.
- Srivastava SD, Banerjee R. Hybrid renewable energy systems and their suitability in rural regions. IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE). 2005 May-Jun; 12(3):117–20. ISSN: 2320-334X.
- Negi S, Mathew L. Hybrid renewable energy system: A review. International Journal of Electronic and Electrical Engineering. 2014; 7(5):535–42. ISSN: 0974-2174
- Godson J, Karthick M, Muthukrishnan T, Sivagamasundari MS. Solar PV-wind hybrid power generation system.International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. 2013 Nov; 2(11):5350–4.
- Ibrahim M, Khair A, Ansari S. A review of hybrid renewable energy systems for electric power generation. Int Journal of Engineering Research and Applications. 2015 Aug; 5(8):42–48. ISSN: 2248-9622,
- Fesli U, Bayir R, Ozer M. Design and implementation of a domestic solar-wind hybrid energy system. International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering ELECO 2009: 2009 Nov. p. I-29–I-33.
- Coruh N, Urgun S, Erfidan T. Design and implementation of flyback converters. 5th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications ICIEA; 2010. p. 1189–93
- Giri R, Ayyanar R, Mohan N. Common duty ratio control of input series connected modular DC-DC converters with active input voltage and load sharing. Proc IEEE Appl Power Electron Conf; 2003. p. 322–6.
- Kimball JW, Mossoba JT, Krein PT. A stabilizing, high performance controller for input series-output parallel converters. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2008 May; 23(3):1416–27.
- Ingole AS, Rakhonde BS. Hybrid power generation system using wind energy and solar energy. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 2015 Mar; 5(3):1–4.ISSN 2250-3153.
- Chen W, Ruan X, Yan H, Tse CK. DC-DC conversion systems consisting of multiple converter modules: Stability, control and experimental verifications. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2009 Jun; 24(6):1463–74.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.