Total views : 190
Study of Performance and Emission Characteristics of a Two Stroke Si Engine Operated with Gasoline Manifold Injectionand Carburetion
Objectives: Developed a simple electronic controlled injection system was used in a two stroke single cylinder air cooled SI engine which injects the gasoline in the intake manifold aiming to improve the performance and reduce the emission. Methods/Analysis: The engine test was carried out at constant speed of 3000 rpm at various throttle conditions. In order to get maximum thermal efficiency best injection timing was selected for each throttle position and the results compared with carburetion systems. Findings: The Brake thermal efficiency increases in gasoline manifold injection. However, the NOx emission exhibited a different trend with higher emission compared to carburetted system One of the important features of gasoline manifold injection is it can be lead to a high output power than the gasoline carburetion system. Application/improvement: Under all operating conditions the manifold injection had lower HC and CO emissions than the gasoline carburetion system.
Gasoline, Manifold Injection, S.I Engine.
- Vieilledent E.low pressure electronic fuel injection system for two stroke engines.Society of Automotive Engineers.1978,pp.1-10.
- Douglas R, Blair, G.Fuel injection of a two stroke cycle spark ignition engine. Society of Automotive Engineers.1982,pp.1-11.
- Plobberger D, Leo A, Landfahner MK.Development of a fuel injected two stroke gasoline engine. Society of Automotive Engineers. 1988,pp.1-19.
- Araki M,Kishimoto H.A CNG two stroke cycle SI engine using intermittent low pressure fuel injection from scavenging ports. Society of Automotive Engineers. 2008, pp.1-8.
- Gentili R, Frigo S, Tognotti L. Development of a pumpless air assisted injection system for two cycle S.I engines. Society of Automotive Engineers.1994,pp.1-16.
- Cobb WT.Compression wave injection: A mixture injection method for two stroke engines based on unsteady gas dynamics.Society of Automotive Engineers. 2001,pp.1-18.
- Yamato T, Hayashida M, Sekino H, Sugahara K.Effect of injection timing on the performance of a manifold injection gas engine. Society of Automotive Engineers.1999,pp.1-8.
- Francisek B. The nozzle location and the shape of its surroundings in the cylinder of small two stroke engine.Society of Automotive Engineers.1986, pp.1-7.
- Alsina CG, Masso FE.Low pressure Discontinuous Gasoline injection in Two-Stroke Engines. Society of Automotive Engineers Technical Paper. 1986,pp.1-16.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.