Total views : 265
Investing Pension Fund Facilities: World and Russian Practice
Background/Objectives: Current importance of the investigation is stipulated by the issue of pension schemes improvement. Particularly, this is the issue of the new pension model pending to be implemented in Russia. Methods: The study makes use of the conventional scientific methods: analysis, synthesis, making and testing hypothesis. Structural analysis and time series investigations have also been used extensively. Findings: Many experts share the view that the improvement of the pension scheme at the modern stage is associated with the development of the investment part of the state pension that is managed by the pension funds. This study is aimed at identifying the trends that characterize the investment activities of the pension funds in different countries. Major attention has been paid to the investment activities of Russian pension funds. The study identifies the trends as follows: Continuous growth of investments, diversification of the investment portfolio due to higher share of infrastructure projects. It has been noted that the opportunities for the investment activities of Russian pension funds are limited. This fact explains the comparatively low amounts of the investments and their short-term nature. Applications/Improvements: The materials of the study can be of particular practical value for the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation for the purposes of establishing and upgrading the pension scheme.
Investment, Invested Funds, Investment Part of the State Pension, Pension Scheme, Pension Fund, Pension Reform.
- Lebedeva L, Feiguine G. The pension systems in the group of seven countries: The current state, prospects of development, and references for Russia. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences. 2015; 6(4):388–94.
- Maurer R, Feiguine GF, Rogalla R. Investment part of pension as an element of the pension systems in Russia and Germany. Bulletin of Saint Petersburg University of Economics and Finance. 2011; 6:13–20.
- Piontovskiy IN, Labor activity dynamics of older people in far east of Russia. IJST. 2015; 8:10.
- Shin HJ. Strategy for portfolio management using inventory control approach. IJST. 2015; 8:25.
- Federal service of state statistics, calculations of federal project funding center. Moscow: NAKDI; 2015. p. 7. Available from: http://www.investinfra.ru/downloads/Otchet_po_NPF_NAKDI.pdf
- Global pension assets study. Towers Watson. 2015 Feb; Available from: https://www.towerswatson.com/en/Insights/IC-Types/Survey-Research-Results/2015/02/Global-Pensions-Asset-Study-2015
- McKinsey and Company. Global lessons on financing infrastructure. Infrastructure round table. Lagos; 2013 Aug 5.
- Average retirement in the Russian Federation in 2015 will amount to 12.4 thousands rubles. The Russian State News Agency RIA Novosti. Available from: http://www.dp.ru/a/2014/09/16/Srednij_razmer_trudovoj_p/
- Investing pension savings. Available from: http://leader-invest.ru/business/pension/pension/
- Izvestiya; 2016 Jul 7. Available from: http://izvestia.ru/news/620769
- Pudovkin AV. Analysis and the prospects for private pension fund development in Russia. Bulletin of MGIMO. 2014; 3(36):82–7. Available from: http://www.vestnik.mgimo.ru/sites/default/files/pdf/009_ekonomika_03_pudovkinav.pdf
- The Bank of Russia. Information analytical materials. 2015 p. 4. Available from: http://npf-2016.ru/wp-content/uploads/2016/05
- Global competitiveness report 2014 - 2015, based on data of world economic forum 2015. Available from: http://gtmarket.ru/ratings/global-competitiveness-index/info
- The Bank of Russia. Available from:http://studme.org/36857/finansy/trebovaniya_strukture_investitsionnogo_portfelya_fonda
- Federal Law dd. May, 7, 1998 No, 75-FZ On Non-Governmental Pension Funds.
- On Additional Restrictions on Investing Pension Savings Placed with a Non-Governmental Pension Fund Implementing Obligatory Pension Insurance, Additional Requirements to Credit Institutions with Which Servicemen Pension and Housing Savings are Placed, and Additional Requirements Management Companies Must Comply with During the Term of Pension Savings Trust Management Agreement (Approved by the Bank of Russia on 12.25.2014 No. 451-П).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.