Total views : 313
Key Aspects of Managing the Students’ Satisfaction with the Learning Environment at the International University
Background/Objectives: The article defines the role of assessment of students’ satisfaction with the educational process and the learning environment at the university and identifies the possible criteria for students’ satisfaction. Methods/ Statistical analysis: The authors applied multivariate analysis, study, generalization, comparison, sociological survey (namely a questionnaire survey), factor analysis and grouping for the research. The statements and conclusions of this publication were based on the following sources: the author’s study of 500 students of the RUDN International University, RUDN University internal documentation, articles in issue-related magazines and websites. Findings: The authors present the results of their study of students’ satisfaction in RUDN University, during which the basic and additional (secondary) criteria of satisfaction of students studying at International University have been identified. The results have been obtained using the factor analysis in the major groups of students (male and female, foreign and Russian students). The main criteria contained the following: level of the teaching staff, friendly relationships between faculty members and students, international activity of the university, possibility for further employment, image of the university inside the country and in the world, information and methodological support of the educational process and the level of university infrastructure development. The article also defines and emphasizes the role of regular surveys of student satisfaction, as well as their importance for the process of international accreditation of the higher education institution. Application/Improvements: The authors provide recommendations for the improvement of the level of satisfaction of the International University students, such as: development of professional and pedagogical skills of teaching staff, etc.
International Accreditation, RUDN University, Students, Teaching Satisfaction, University.
- Hameed A, Amjad S. Students Satisfaction in higher learning institutions: A case study of COMSATS Abbottabad, Pakistan. Iranian Journal of Management Studies. 2011; 4(1):63–77.
- Douglas JA, Douglas A, McClelland RJ, Davies J. Understanding student satisfaction and dissatisfaction: An interpretive study in the UK higher education context. Studies in Higher Education. 2015; 40(2):329–49.
- Gaur A, Singla K, Azad M. Analyzing the factors affecting the satisfaction level of student regarding the quality of education. Journal of Business Management and Social Sciences Research. 2014 Mar; 3(3).
- Abili K, Thani FN, Mokhtarian F, Rashidi MM. Assessing quality gap of university services. The Asian Journal on Quality. 2011; 12(2):167–75.
- Tsinidou M, Gerogiannis V, Fitsilis P. Evaluation of the factors that determine quality in higher education: An empirical study. Quality Assurance in Education. 2010; 18(3):227–44.
- Ansari W. Factors associated with students’ satisfaction with their educational experiences, and their module grades: Survey findings from the United Kingdom. Educational Research. 2011 Nov; 2(11):1637–47.
- Ansari W, Oskrochi R. Methods behaving differently: The effects of method of data analysis on understanding student satisfaction with their educational experience. Educational Research and Reviews. 2011; 2(8):1417–30.
- Komarova TV, Hozhempo VV, Sardaryan AR. Problems of interaction of the Russian higher education institutions with modern companies. Proceedings of the I Interuniversity Scientific and Practical Conference Lifelong education: mechanisms of interaction of communities of professionals and higher education institutions of the CIS countries. Moscow: PFUR University Publishing House; 2013. 94–101.
- World universities rankings by Times Higher Education. Humanitarian encyclopedia. Humanitarian Technologies Center. (Revised: 02.10.2015) [Internet]. [Cited 2016 May 27]. Available from: http://gtmarket.ru/ratings/the-world-university-rankings/info.
- RUDN University [Internet]. [Cited 2016 May 27]. Available from: www.rudn.ru.
- Shirshova L. Research: e-learning in European higher education institutions [Internet]. [Cited 2016 May 27]. Available from: https://newtonew.com/discussions/issledovanie-elektronnoe-obuchenie-v-vuzah-evropy le.com.
- Yang-Hwa K. Strategies for transition support in social relationships for effective integrated education in students with disabilities. Indian Journal of Science of Technology. 2015; 8(26). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i26/80462.
- Hyun-Uk Shin. An analysis on occupational attainment process for people with psychiatric disabilities. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(34). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i34/87460.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.