Total views : 655
The Model of Inclusive Volunteering as a Condition for the Socialization of Disabled People: Research and Results
Background: This article describes the results of the study obtained during making of socio-demographic portrait of volunteers with disabilities. Method: A formal survey (questionnaire) was chosen as the primary method of data collection, during which 90 people who have applied to participate in volunteering at the XXII Winter Olympics and XI Winter Paralympics Sochi-2014 were interviewed. Findings: The authors have tested technologies of organization of volunteering for people with disabilities, offered the rationale for participation of people with disabilities in the organization of voluntary activities and an algorithm for stimulating the activities of disabled people. The results of the empirical research allowed formulating the particular conditions that should be considered for participation of disabled volunteers in major sporting events and activities. The article also presents a model of inclusive volunteering as a necessary condition for the active socialization of people with disabilities in the Russian society. A program of individual support for people with disabilities within the framework of inclusive volunteering model and promotion of their integration and the successful work of the volunteer activities is proposed. Improvements: A lot of attention is paid to identifying the problems and prospects of volunteer activities that include participation of people with disabilities in modern society and the possibility of its integration into the Russian society.
Disabled People, Inclusive Environment, The Olympics and Paralympics, Volunteer Center, Volunteers, Volunteerism.
- Anderzhanova ZA. Engaging in volunteer activities of the children in orphanages as a factor of their socialization. Social Policy and Sociology. 2010; 3(57):203–10.
- RF Government Order No.1662-p. of 17.11.2008. On the concept of the Russian Federation long-term socio-economic development for the period up to 2020. Collection of the RF legislation. 2008 Nov 24, No.4, Art. 5489.
- Gorlova NI, Krutitskaya YV. The Evaluation of social projects. The features expertise in the volunteering.1st ed. Gorlova NI, editor, Moscow: Sholokhov Moscow State University for the Humanities Press; 2015.
- Anashkina MT, Borisov AA, Krylov MA et al. Volunteers of St. Petersburg on the eve of the XXII Olympic and XI Paralympic Winter Games Sochi-2014. Linovich MW, Editor, Monograph. St. Petersburg: SPbSUSE Press; 2013.
- Cnaan RA, Handy F, Wadsworth M. Defining who is a volunteer: Conceptual empirical considerations. nonprofit and voluntary sector. 1996; 25(3):364–83. DOI: 10.1177/0899764096253006.
- Gladish J, Gable A. The Effect of the 2010 Olympics on the economy of the greater vancouver area. University of British Columbia; 2009.
- Panagiotopoulou P. Citizen participation in the Olympic Games Barcelona: Centre d'Estudis Olimpics UAB; 2005.
- Manual for Beijing Olympic Volunteers. The Beijing Olympic Games and the Olympic Volunteering [Internet]. [Cited 2016 May 24]. Available from; http://www.communitycollaborations.org/pdf/3.pdf.
- 181-FZ. Federal Law of 24.11.1995 On Social Protection of Disabled People in the Russian Federation. Collection of the Russian legislation; 1995 Nov 27, 48, Art. 4563.
- The UN convention on the rights of persons with disabilities. Rossiyskaya Gazeta; 2012 Oct 21.
- Troska ZA, Shershneva OA. Improvement of vocational rehabilitation of children with cerebral palsy. Memories of Russian State Social University; 2015, p. 156–67.
- Troska ZA, Sinyachkina KA. The problems of people with disabilities of hearing and dissemination of sign language. New Science: Problems and Prospects; 2015. p. 103-108.
- Gorlova NI, Starovojtova LI, Troska ZA, Kononova TB. Volunteers training for audio description service within the Sochi 2014 project as exemplified by activity of the Russian State social university volunteer center: Research and findings. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(14). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i14/91096.
- Gorlova NI, Troska ZA, Krutitskaya YV. Projecting and modeling in social work. 1st ed, Gorlova NI, editor, Moscow: Sholokhov Moscow State Humanitarian University Press; 2015.
- Krutitskaya YV. Competence approach to the organization of voluntary activities of young people in higher education. Volunteer. All-Russian Scientific and Practical Journal. 2013; (1–2):11–21.
- Gorlova NI, Starovojtova LI, Troska ZA, Tyapkina TY. Model of stress resistance formation in volunteers through participation in the "Sochi 2014" project. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(14). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i14/91097.
- Sologub VA. Imitation as a method of education of young people, Memories of SKAGS. State and Municipal government, Moscow. 2013; 3:19–30.
- Anderzhanova ZA. Socio-pedagogical support of volunteer activities in orphanages as a condition to stimulate their social activity. Abstract from PhD thesis in Pedagogical Sciences; 2011.
- Denham J. Needs analysis of voluntary and community arts support organizations in relation to volunteering and volunteer management. Report to the secretary of state for innovation universities and skills, London; 2012.
- Shashkoff AV. The level of communicative tolerance as a motivator to the volunteering. Makarova IN, Postupinskaya EV, editors, Olympic Sochi: Society, Culture, Personality, Sochi: RIC SGU; 2013.
- Anderzhanova ZA. Specificity of volunteer activities in the United States. Social Policy and Sociology. 2010; 9:38–55.
- Nikitina NI, Vasilyeva TV. Methods of vocational guidance work in inclusive schools. Tutorial. Moscow: Rhythm; 2015.
- Nikitina NI, Vasilyeva TV. Theoretical and methodological foundations of vocational guidance in inclusive schools. Moscow: Rhythm; 2015.
- Krasavina EV. Forms of social adaptation: Imitation-emulation and imitation-similacrum. Bulletin of Moscow University. Sociology and Political Science. 2012; 4:93–103.
- Gorlova NI, Troska ZA. Certification of voluntary organizations, realized programs/projects. Volunteer. 2016; 1(17):6–15.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.