Total views : 406
Effect of Affect on Mental Health
Objective: Passive measures of memory are in increasing demand since active measures like EEG, fMRI etc. are not a viable way of cognitive measurement in environments where such devices are difficult to be accessed or for age groups and set of people to which such measures are difficult. Methods: Thus, in this paper, we propose a novel mathematical model for a passive measure of recall memory in children of age group 10 to 15 who are suffering from memory difficulties owing to affective effects. Findings and Applications: Though such passive measures are still abstract, such a methodology can be used ‘on the go’ and such can be supported with the help of clinical methods that support the improvement of cognitive abilities like memory.
Affect, LTM, Memory, Memory Disorders, Memory Loss Causes, Reaction Time, Recall, Recognition, STM, Types of Affect.
- Baddeley AD. Human memory: Theory and practice. Psychology Press, 2nd ed. UK; 1997 Apr.
- Bower GH. Human memory: Basic processes. New York San Francisco London: Academic Press; 2013.
- Klatzky RL. Human memory: Structures and processes. Oxford, England: W. H. Freeman; 1975.
- Baddeley AD. Essentials of human memory. UK: Psychology Press; 1999 Feb.
- Chi MT. Short-term memory limitations in children: Capacity or processing deficits? Memory Cognition. 1976 Sep; 4(5):559–72.
- Deutsch D, Deutsch JA, Barondes SH. Short-term memory. New York San Francisco London: Academic Press; 1975.
- Brown RM, Robertson EM. Off-line processing: Reciprocal interactions between declarative and procedural memories. Journal of Neuroscience. 2007 Sep; 27(39):10468–75.
- Digiulio DV, Seidenberg M, Oleary DS, Raz N. Procedural and declarative memory: A developmental study. Brain Cognition. 1994 May; 25(1):79–91.
- Mental health: New understanding, new hope. repr. Geneva: World Health Organization. 2001. Available from: http://www.who.int/whr/2001/en/ 10. Kopelman MD. Disorders of memory. Brain. 2002 Oct; 125(10):2152–90.
- Thesis: Diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease: Current challenges. 2010. Available from: http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1076&context=honors_et
- Cermak LS. Human memory and amnesia (PLE: Memory). UK: Psychology Press; 2014.
- Bauman ML, Kemper TL. The neurobiology of autism. USA: Johns Hopkins University Press; 2005.
- Flicker L. Dementia reconsidered: The person comes first. British Medical Journal. 1999 Mar; 318(7187):880A.
- Walker FO. Huntington’s disease. The Lancet. 2007 Jan; 369(9557):218–28.
- McElroy SL, Phillips KA, Keck PE, Jr. Obsessive compulsive spectrum disorder. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 1994 Oct; 55(S33–51):52–3.
- Jankovic J. Parkinson’s disease: Clinical features and diagnosis. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, Psychiatry. 2008 Apr; 79(4):368–76.
- Abolghasemi S, Khalatbari J, Keikhayfarzaneh MM. Schizophrenia and artificial Schizophrenia. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011 Aug; 4(8):1–5.
- Zubaran C, Fernandes JG, Rodnight R. Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome. Postgraduate Medical Journal. 1997 Jan; 73(855):27–31.
- Lima-Silva TB, Yassuda MS. The relationship betwen memory compalints and age in normal aging. Dement and Neuropsychologia. 2009 Jun; 3(2):94–100.
- Buckner RL. Memory and executive function in aging and AD: Multiple factors that cause decline and reserve factors that compensate. Neuron. 2004 Sep; 44(1):195–208.
- Henry JD, MacLeod MS, Phillips LH, Crawford JR. A meta-analytic review of prospective memory and aging. Psychol Aging. 2004 Mar; 19(1):27–39.
- Baddeley A. Working memory: Theories, models and controversies. Annual Review Psychology. 2012 Jan; 63(1):1–29.
- Duncan S, Barrett LF. Affect is a form of cognition: A neurobiological analysis. Cognition and Emotion. 2007 Sep; 21(6):1184–211.
- Watson D, Clark LA, Tellegen A. Development and validation of brief measures of positive and negative affect: The PANAS scales. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. 1988 Jun; 54(6):1063–70.
- Tomkins SS. Affect imagery consciousness: The complete edition: Two Volumes. 1st ed. USA: Springer Publishing Company; 2008 Feb.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.