Total views : 617
A Simple Innovative Approach DNA-based Saliva Security System for User Authentication
Objectives: User authentication is an indispensable element for secured network service. Due to the rapid advancement of Internetworking technologies, it is easy for attackers to access confidential data by compromising authentication methods. Traditional methods of biometric authentication have a weakness, especially in high-security systems because it gives chances for any attacker to obtain the system information. There is a strong desire to develop and implement more secure authentication method to protect such information against security threats. Methods: From the existing Biometric authentication methods, DNA (Deoxyribo Nucleic Acid) is said to be the best method due to its high accuracy and allows both identification and verification. At present DNA techniques are used mainly in Law enforcement, there is feasibility to extend this in real life system security. Findings: The proposed D-SSS is an innovative and new idea of DNA pattern extraction and pattern matching approach. Applications: The proposed (D-SSS) DNA-based biometric technique builds a new system of authentication that requires very less amount of saliva to protect the system efficiently with highlevel security. The D-SSS is a user-friendly approach, which uses the unique property that the user has at the time of authentication, will lead to intensive work in the area of system security.
System Security, DNA Extraction, Saliva, Biometric system
- Authentication of forensic DNA samples [Internet]. [Cited 2009 Jun 16]. Available from: http://www.benlaguer.org/documents/Frumkin_2009_Forensic-Science-International-Genetics.pdf.
- Computer Security SS3: Biometric Authentication [Internet]. [Cited 2004]. Available from: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~mdr/teaching/modules03/security/students/SS3/handout/.
- Bubeck U, Sanchez D. Biometric authentication-technology and evaluation. San Diego State University. Term Project CS574, Spring; 2003.
- Tan SC, Yiap BC. DNA, RNA, and protein extraction: The past and the present. Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology. 2009 Nov; 2009:1–10.
- Saliva [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Aug 05]. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saliva.
- Mun H-J, Li Y-Z, Jin K. Method of secure App user authentication from auto-login in the mobile device. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jun; 9(24):1–5.
- Bhattacharyya D, Ranjan R, Alisherov AF, Choi M. Biometric authentication: A review. International Journal of u- and e- Service, Science and Technology. 2009 Sep; 2(3):13–28.
- DNA Extraction from Marlene Schoeneck [Internet]. [Cited 2015 Apr 08]. Available from: https://plus.google.com/wm/2/se/1/106869062506793009451/posts/Pfp3JQSLY2Z.
- Arita M, Kobayashi S. DNA sequence design using templates. New Generation Computers. 2002 Sep; 20(3):263–77.
- Security system using biometric technology: Design and implementation of Voice Recognition System (VRS) [Internet]. [Cited 2008 May 13]. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4580735/.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.