Total views : 208
An Enhanced Bilateral Information Security towards a Conventional Cryptographic System using DNA Sequences
Objective: Information security is one of the essential futures challenged in data transmission through wireless networks. Networks are extremely exposed to security attacks and consign a great challenge today. Methods: In this paper we propose a new DNA Symmetric Cryptographic technique that employs Mathematical formula for encryption and decryption and private key is generated from blood analysis report. After Encryption DNA codons are generated as a cipher text which is decrypted through decryption algorithm into readable text. In this method we use classical cryptographic technique of substitution method in DNA Cryptography. Findings: The algorithm is implemented in Java Platform and comparison was prepared for encryption and decryption time for different file formats. Also size of encrypted file is also compared for different files. Improvement: DNA based approach which is more immune to cryptographic attacks. DNA Cryptography is a new and potentially excellent area that enhances data security. It helps to transmit highly confidential data efficiently and securely.
DNA Codon, Security Attacks, Symmetric Cryptography.
- Sasi SB, Sivanandam N. A survey on cryptography using optimization algorithms in WSNs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(3). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i3/59585.
- Vincent PMDR, Iqbal SA, Bhagat K, Kushwaha KK. Cryptography: A Mathematical approach. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Dec; 6(12). DOI:10.17485/ijst/2013/v6i12/43626.
- Adleman M. Molecular computation of solution to combinatorial problems. Science. 1994 Nov; 26(5187):1021–4.
- Vincent PMDR, Iqbal SA, Bhagat K, Kushwaha KK. Cryptography: Mathematical approach. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Dec; 6(12). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2013/v6i12/43626.
- Boneh D, Dunworth C, Lipton RJ. Breaking DES using a molecular computer. DNA based Computers I. Providence, USA: American Mathematical Society; 1996. p. 37–65.
- Gehani A, LaBean TH, Reif JH. DNA-based cryptography. Dimacs Series in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science. 2000; 54:233–49.
- Lipton RJ. Using DNA to Solve NP-complete problems. Science. 1995; 268:542–5.
- Clelland C, Risca V, Bancroft C. Hiding messages in DNA microdots. Nature. 1999; 399:533–4.
- Mousa H, Moustafa K, Abdel-Wahed W, Hadhoud M. Data hiding based on contrast mapping using DNA medium. The International Arab Journal of Information Technology. 2011 Apr; 8(2):147–54.
- Leier A, Richter C, Banzhaf W, Rauhe H. Cryptography with DNA binary strands. BioSystems. 2000; 57:13–22.
- Wong PC, Wong KK, Foote H. Organic data memory using the DNA approach. Communications of the ACM. 2003; 46(1):95–8.
- Arita M, Ohashi Y. Secret signatures inside genomic DNA. Biotechnol Prog. 2004; 20:1605–7.
- Lipton RJ. Using DNA to solve NP-complete problems. Science. 1995; 268:542–5.
- Lai XJ, Lu MX, Qin L, Han JS, Fang XW. Asymmetric encryption and signature method with DNA technology. Science China Press and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg. 2010; 53(3):506–14.
- Sabry M, Hashem M, Nazmy T. A DNA and amino acids-based implementation of playfair cipher. IJCSIS. 2010; 8(3):129–36.
- Roy S, Sadhukhan S, Sadhu S, Bandyopadhyay SK. A novel approach towards development of hybrid image stegnography using DNA sequences. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.