Total views : 315
An Efficient QR-code Authentication Protocol using Visual Cryptography for Securing Ubiquitous Multimedia Communications
Background: Now a day, data communication plays a vital role in day-to-day life. There is a strong desire to develop and implement more secure authentication protocol to protect secret information against security threats. Method: The paper proposes a Quick Response (QR) code Authentication Protocol (QRAP) using Visual Cryptography. Visual Cryptography (VC) is a model of cryptography split the secret into share images, which prevents the secret image from being altered by using the concepts of the cipher and can reconstruct the secret image by stacking the legitimate share images. Findings: The passwords for authentication are encoded as QR-codes and later encrypted into colour share images. Thus, the colour share images by itself convey no information, but when the shares are combined, the secret password can be revealed. The necessary is that the user needs to handle a device containing a QR-code reader, most probably a Smartphone. The experimental result shows that the proposed QRAP scheme provides secure data communication with less computational complexity. Applications/Improvement: This research work can give a way for providing authentication to all services which are related to electronic devices.
QR Codes, Security, Visual Cryptography, Visual Secret Sharing.
- Naor M, Shamir A. Visual cryptography. Proceedings of Advances in Cryptology (Eurprocrypt'94); 1994. p. 1–12.
- Ateniese G, Blundo C, DeSantis A, Stinson DR. Visual cryptography for general access structures. Proceedings of ICALP 96, Springer, Berlin; 1996. p. 416–28.
- Wu CC, Chen LH. A study on visual cryptography. Master Thesis, Institute of Computer and Information Science, National Chiao Tung University, R.O.C; 1998.
- Ito R, Kuwakado H, Tanaka H. Image size invariant visual cryptography, IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals. 1999; E82-A(10):2172–7.
- Hou Y-C, Wei S-C, Lin C-Y. Random-grid-based visual cryptography schemes. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology. 2014 May; 24(5).
- Shahid Z, Puech W. Visual protection of HEVC video by selective encryption of CABAC bin strings. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia. 2014 Jan; 16(1).
- Wang D-S, Song T, Dong L, Yang CN. Optimal contrast grayscale visual cryptography schemes with reversing. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. 2013Dec; 8(12).
- Wang X, Pei Q, Li H. A lossless tagged visual cryptography scheme. IEEE Signal Processing Letters. 2014 Jul; 21(7).
- Lee K-H, Chiu P-L. Sharing visual secrets in single image random dot stereograms. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 2014 Oct; 23(10).
- Askari N, Heys HM, Moloney CR. Novel visual cryptography schemes without pixel expansion for halftone images. Canadian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2014; 37(3).
- Blesswin AJ, Visalakshi P. A new Semantic Visual Cryptographic Protocol (SVCP) for securing multimedia communications. International Journal of Soft Computing, Medwell Journals. 2015; 10(2):175–82.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.