Total views : 1580
Prediction of Heart Disease using Data Mining Techniques
Objectives: The objective of our work is to analyse various data mining tools and techniques in health care domain that can be employed in prediction of heart disease system and their efficient diagnosis. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A heart disease prediction model, which implements data mining technique, can help the medical practitioners in detecting the heart disease status based on the patient’s clinical data. Data mining classification techniques for good decision making in the field of health care addressed are namely Decision trees, Naive Bayes, Neural Networks and Support Vector Machines. Hybridizing or combining any of these algorithms helps to make decisions quicker and more precise. Findings: Data mining is a powerful new technology for the extraction of hidden predictive and actionable information from large databases that can be used to gain deep and novel insights. Using advanced data mining techniques to excavate valuable information, has been considered as an activist approach to improve the quality and accuracy of healthcare service while lowering the healthcare cost and diagnosis time. Using this technique presence of heart disease can be predicted accurately. Using more input attributes such as controllable and uncontrollable risk factors, more accurate results could be achieved. Applications/Improvements: This method can be further expanded. It can use many of input attributes. Other data mining techniques are also be used for predication such as Clustering, Time series, Association rules. The unstructured data available in healthcare industry database can also be mined using text mining.
Data Mining, Data Mining Technique, Decision Making, Heart Disease, Prediction Model.
- Verma A, Kaur I, Arora N. Comparative analysis of information extraction techniques for data mining. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i11/80464.
- Chaurasia V. Early prediction of heart diseases using data mining techniques. Caribbean Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 1:208–17.
- Alzahani SM, Althopity A, Alghamdi A, et al. An overview of data mining techniques applied for heart disease diagnosis and prediction. Lecture Notes on Information Theory. 2014; 2(4):310–5.
- Swathi P, Yogish HK, Sreeraj RS. Predictive data mining procedures for the prediction of coronary artery disease. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Enginereing. 2015, 5(2):339–42.
- Liu X, Lu R, Ma J, Chen L. Privacy-preserving patient-centric clinical decision support system on naïve bayesian classification. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics. 2016; 20(2):655–88.
- Patil RR. Heart disease prediction system using naïve bayes and jelinek-mercer smoothing. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Communication Engineering. 2014; 3(5):6787–9.
- Pattekari SA, Parveen A. Prediction system for heart disease using naive bayes. International Journal of Advanced Computer and Mathematical Sciences. 2012; 3(3):290–4.
- Komal G, Vekariya V. Novel approach for heart disease prediction using decision tree algorithm. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2015; 3(11):11544–1.
- Shouman M, Turner T, Stocker R. Using decision tree for diagnosing heart disease patients. Proceedings of the 9th Australasian Data Mining Conference (AusDM'11); Ballarat, Australia. 2011. p. 23–30.
- Rani KU. Analysis of heart diseases dataset using neural network approach. IJDKP. 2011; 1(5):1–8.
- Majali J, Niranjan R, Phatak V, Tadakhe O. Data mining techniques for diagnosis and prognosis of cancer. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2015; 4(3):613–6.
- Iyer A, Jeyalatha S, Sumblay R. Diagnosis of diabetes using classification mining techniques. IJDKP. 2015; 5(1):1–14.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.