Total views : 232
A New Approach for Recognition of Implant in Knee by Template Matching
Objectives: Implant replacement in knee is a major operation in which the joint is replaced by metallic implants. Methods: When changing the liner of knee implant, surgeon must know the type of implant used prior to the surgery. Findings: A new approach to identify the implant used in knee replacement operation using digital image processing techniques was proposed and implemented. The X-ray image was preprocessed and an image database of various implants with their specification was prepared. For testing the X-ray image was acquired and pre processed. After using various images processing operations on the X-ray image, the implant used in patient body was identified by the new approach template matching.
Digital Image Processing, Implant Replacement, Template Matching, X-Ray Image.
- Michelinakis G, Sharrock A, Barclay CW. Identification of dental implants through the use of Implant Recognition Software (IRS). International Dental Journal. 2006 Aug; 56(4):203–8.
- Sarvaiya JN, Patnaik S, Bombaywala S. Image registration by template matching using normalized cross-correlation. International Conference on Advances in Computing, Control, and Telecommunication Technologies. 2009. ACT '09., Trivandrum: Kerala; 2009 Dec. p. 819–22.
- Kirchner M, Fridrich JJ. On detection of median filtering in digital images. Memon et al, editors, Media Forensics and Security II, part of the IS&T-SPIE Electronic Imaging Symposium, Proceedings of SPIE; 2010 Jan.
- Gluncic V. System and methods for identification of implanted medical devices and/or detection of retained surgical foreign objects from medical images. Rush University Medical Center[US/US]; 2013. p.1653.
- Dixit V, Pruthi J. Review of image processing techniques for automatic detection of tumor in human liver. International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing. 2014 Mar; 3(3):371–8.
- Shaikh S, Malhotra A. Real time acquisition of stump angle as a feedback signal for development of low cost electronic knee prosthesis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(2):1–7.
- Nunez L. Post-market surveillance of total knee replacement combining clinical outcomes and quantitative image processing techniques. All Theses Clemson University; 2014 Jan.
- Open cv Docs [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Jan 01]. Available from: http://docs.opencv.org/.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.