Total views : 494
A Novel Approach for Semantic Integration of Data using Ontology
Integration process of data is recently recognized like a significant visualization of the Semantic Web explore for which researchers focus on numerous areas, such as integration of information, ontologies and databases. Objectives: Users generally requires an incorporated analysis of information accessible from various data and it was proposed to grant users with this view of data. Methods: The Meta data is created from different data sets like excel data set, RDF data set and XML data set. Findings: In this work a survey was made for integrating databases using ontology and a new approach for integration of databases is devised for finding correspondence between ontologies. Applications: View and Search functionality was provided by filtering data from Meta data. This provides easy access to the integrated data.
Database Integration, Ontologies, Schema, Semantic Web, Semantic Integration.
- Berlanga R, Romero O, Simitsis A, Nebot V, Pedersen TB, Abello A, Aramburu MJ. Semantic web technologies for business intelligence. IGI Global; 2011.
- Levy AY. The information manifold approach to data integration.IEEE Intelligent System. 1998; 13:12–6.
- Karthikeyan K, Karthikeyani V. Ontology based concept hierarchy extraction of web data. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Mar.
- Abello A, Romero O, Bach T. Using semantic web technologies for exploratory OLAP. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2015.
- Ganter B, Wille R. Formal concept analysis: Mathematical foundations. Berlin-Heidelberg: Springer; 1999.
- Slimani T. Ontology development: A comparing study on tools, languages and formalisms. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sept.
- Jeong H, Jeong H. Ontology-based integration and refinement of evaluation-committee data from heterogeneous data sources. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Sept.
- Buitelaar, Olejnik P, Sintek D. A protocol plug-in for ontology extraction from text. Proceedings of the International Semantic Web Conference; 2003.
- Chen, Wu H, Wang Z, Mao H. Rdf/rdfs based relational database integration. ICDE; 2006.
- Welty C. Ontology research. AI Magazine. 2003; 24(3).
- De Laborda, Conrad CP. Bringing relational data into the semantic web using SPARQL and relational OWL. International Workshop on Semantic Web and Database at ICDE; 2006.
- Halevy, Ives AY, Madhavan ZG, Mork J, Suciu P, Tatarinov D. The piazza peer data management system. IEEE Transaction Knowledge Data Engineering. 2004.
- Chen H, Wang Y, Wang H, Mao1Y, Tang J, Zhou C, Yin A, Wu Z. Towards a semantic web of relational databases. A Practical Semantic Toolkit and an In-Use Case from Traditional Chinese Medicine; 2012.
- Zhao H, Ram S. Combining schema and instance information for integrating heterogeneous data sources. Data and Knowledge Engineering. 2013.
- Ghulam M. Object-oriented approach for integration of heterogeneous databases in a multi-database system and local schemas modifications propagation. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security.2009; 6(2).
- Guarino N. Formal ontology and information systems.Workshop on Ontologies and Problem-Solving Methods; 1998.
- Noy NF. Semantic integration - A survey of ontology-based approach. SIGMOD Record. 2004; 33(4).
- Elmasri R, Navathe SB. Fundamentals of Database System.3rd edition. Addison Wesley; 2000.
- McClean S, Scotney B, Morrow P. Integrating semantically heterogeneous aggregate Schemas using multiple Ll Linear Regression and SVD. Journal Paper. 2013
- Rahm E, Bernstein PA. Survey of approaches to automatic schema matching. 1st International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC); 2001.
- Goasdoue. Answering queries using views. A KRDB Perspective for the Semantic Web. 2003.
- Haase, Motik P. A mapping system for the integration of OWL-DL ontologies. Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Interoperability of Heterogeneous Information Systems; 2005.
- Lambrix P, Tan H. A system for aligning and merging biomedical ontologies. Web Semantics. 2006.
- Richard Benjamins V, Fensel D. The ontological engineering initiative (KA). Formal Ontology in Information Systems.1998.
- Kim W, Choi I, Gala S. On resolving schematic heteroge neity in multidatabase systems and distributed and parallel databases. Distributed and Parallel Databases. 1993.
- Kim Won, Seo J. Classifying schematic and data heterogeneity in multi database systems. IEEE Computer. 1991.
- Kalfoglou Y, Schorlemmer M. An ontology mapping method based on information flow theory. Journal on Data Semantics.2003.
- Poggi A, Lembo D, Calvanese D, Giacomo GD, Lenzerini M, Rosati R. Linking data to ontologies. J Data Semantics.2008.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.