Total views : 165
Building and Securing Cloud-based Video Curation Service
Objectives: Video content consumption has been on a dramatic rise for many years now. More consumers are watching videos on online content portals than television than ever before. This trend is expected to continue far into the future. Methods: Algorithms that crowd-source popular content can be hosted on the cloud and accessed by anyone to make this process significantly easier. At the same time, a cloud based application such as this is prone to malicious attacks and vulnerabilities. Findings: In such a scenario, it becomes imperative to reduce the time taken to find the right content to watch, and automate this process based on the content’s popularity and genre. Applications: To secure the service, a dynamic honeypot can be constructed. A Dynamic Honeypot allows unauthorized access to systems, thereby allowing us to learn the methods employed by the attackers and protect against them in the future, without causing damage to the system. Additionally, a rate Limiter can also be implemented to restrict the number of requests made to the service within a specific time frame. This is done to limit and avoid malicious attacks such as DDoS.
Cloud Security, Honeypot, Leaky Bucket Algorithm, Rate Limiter.
- Kalpana V, Meena V. Study on data storage correctness methods in mobile cloud computing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Mar, 8(6), pp. 495-500.
- CodeIgniter [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Aug 16]. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CodeIgniter.
- Kheirkhah E, Amin SMP, Sistine HAJ, Acharya H. An experimental study of SSH attacks by using honeypot decoys. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Dec; 6(12):5567–78.
- Leaky Bucket Algorithm [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Aug 16]. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaky_bucket.
- Zakaria WZA, Kiah LM. A review of dynamic and intelligent honeypots. ScienceAsia. 2013 Apr; 39S:1–5.
- Dynamic Honeypots [Internet]. [Cited 2003 Sep 14]. Available from: http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/dynamic-honeypots.
- Sharifi AM, Amirgholipour SK, Alirezanejad M, Askil BS, Ghiami M. Availability challenge of cloud system under DDOS attack. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Jun; 5(6):1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.