Total views : 192
Performance Comparison of Various Decision Tree Algorithms for Classification of Advertisement and Non Advertisement Videos
Background/Objectives: The main objective of the present study is to do the prerequisite process to develop a viewerfriendly electronic embedded system and business beneficial system to promote their products. This can be achieved by classifying the extracted Advertisement (ADD) videos from the Non-Advertisement (NADD) videos which consists of more visual information. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: The proposed frame work facilitates to identify the advertisement and non advertisement videos from the live stream television videos are discussed. The Block Intensity Comparison Code (BICC) technique is applied to extract the essential features from the ADD and NADD video frames. The frames are divided into various block sizes to select the best performing block size of the frame. The 8x8 frame size has been chosen as the promising block size to conduct the experiments. An extensive experimental analysis has been demonstrated with different classifier and a comparative study also reported. Findings: Decision tree algorithm (C4.5) has been employed to identify the vibrant features and these features are taken as the input to the various decision tree algorithms, namely J48, J48graft, LM tree, Random tree, BF tree, REP tree and NB tree to classify the video genre. A broad investigation has been made by a random tree algorithm which produced better predictive performance than the other algorithms. The training and the optimization of random tree model with their essential parametric measures are reported. Based on the overall study, random tree with BICC feature was found as the most preferred classification algorithm that achieved the 92.08% than the other algorithms. The classification capability and the performance evaluation of random tree algorithm with block intensity comparison code is reported and discussed for further study. Application/Improvements: The performance of the classifier can also be improved with other novel features.
Advertisement (ADD) Videos, Block Intensity Comparison Code (BICC) Features, Classification, Non- Advertisement (NADD) Videos.
- Jinqiao Wang, Min Xu, Hanqing Lu, Ian Burnett. ActiveAd: A Novel Framework of Linking Ad Videos to Online Products, Neurocomputing, 2016; 185:82−92.
- Pessemier, Deryckere, Vanhecke, Martens. Proposed Architecture and Algorithm for Personalized Advertising on IDTV and Mobile Devices, IEEE Trans. Consum.Electron. 2011; 54(2):709–13.
- McCoy Scott, Everard Andrea, Polak Peter, Dennis F Galletta.The Effects of Online Advertising, Communications of ACM - Emergency Response Information Systems: Emerging Trends and Technologies. 2007; 50(3):84–88.
- Kalaiselvi Geetha M, Palanivel S, Ramalingam V. A Novels Block Intensity Comparison Code for Video Classification and Retrieval, Expert Systems with Applications. 2009; 36(3):6415−20.
- Palaiahnakote Shivakumara, Anjan Dutta, Trung Quy Phan, Umapada Pal. A Novel Mutual Nearest Neighbor based Symmetry for Text Frame Classification in Video, Pattern Recognition. 2011; 44(8):1671–83.
- Wei Chen, Jeng-Sheng Yeh, Tsorng-Lin Chia. Automatic Insertion of Advertisements into a Video Sequences, Proceedings of the 9th International Conferences on Machine Learning Cybernetics, Qingdao, 2010.
- Sugumaran V, Muralidharan V, Ramachandran KI. Feature selection using Decision Tree and Classification Through Proximal Support Vector Machine for Fault Diagnostics of Roller Bearing, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 2007; 21(2):930−42.
- Aha, DW, Kibler, D. Albert MK. Instance-based Learning Algorithms, Machine Learning. 1991; 6(1): 37−66.
- Quinlan JR. Introduction of Decision Trees, Machine Learning. 1986; 1(1):81−106.
- Trilok CS, Manoj J. WEKA Approach for Comparative Study of Classification Algorithm, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2013; 2(4):1925−31,
- Landwehr N, Hall M, Frank E. Logistic Model Trees, Machine Learning. 2005; 59(1-2):161−205.
- Wang Y, Witten IH. Induction of Model Trees for Predicting Continuous Classes, Proc European Conference on Machine Learning Poster Papers; 1997, p. 128−37.
- Haijian Shi. Best-First Decision Tree Learning, Master‘s thesis, University of Waikato, Hamilton, NZ, COMP594, 2007.
- Quinlan JR. Simplifying Decision Trees, Internal Journal of Human Computer Studies - Special Issue: 1969-1999, the 30th Anniversary. 1999; 51(2):497−510.
- Fauset L. Fundamentals of Neural Network Architecture, Algorithms and Applications, Prentice Hall, NJ, 1994.
- Rebecca Jeya Vadhanam B, Mohan S, Sugumaran V.Application of Artificial Immune Recognition System for Identification of Advertisement Video Frames using BICC Features, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(14). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i14/86635.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.