Total views : 271
Compressed and Encrypted Online Multimedia File Storage in Cloud
Objective: The objective of this paper is to propose a cloud system which ensures high security for storing and sharing user files in the cloud and efficient utilization of cloud storage space. Methods: The different methods that can be implemented to achieve a stable and efficient system was incorporated from literature review. Details regarding the working of various compression and encryption standards were extracted to build the proposed system. Findings: The internet is growing day by day and can be easily accessed by everyone and everywhere. This increases the need to store and transfer digital data, which would allow users to access data without the hassle of carrying a storage device. The focus of this paper is to propose a technique which ensures the data uploaded in the cloud is secure and also that the storage space is used efficiently. The proposed paper also explains sharing data in a secured format and also how data can be downloaded with minimum bandwidth, which is useful while operating in places where there is minimal internet speed. Applications/Improvement: In today’s cloud era confidential records or documents involving financial and management information can be securely shared in compressed format.
Compressed File Storage, Decryption, Encryption, File Sharing using Cloud, Lossless Compression, Secured File Storage.
- Chachapara K, Bhadlawala S. Secure sharing with cryptography in cloud computing. Nirma University International Conference on Engineering. 2013 Nov. p. 1–3.
- Chatterjee D, Dasgupta S, Nath J, Nath A. A new Symmetric key Cryptography Algorithm using extended MSA method. International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies. 2011 Jun. p. 89–94.
- Porwal S, Chaudhary Y, Joshi J, Jain M. Data Compression Methodologies for Lossless Data and Comparison between Algorithms. International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology. 2013 Mar; 2(2):142–7.
- Singh P, Suri P. Multimedia Data Compression Techniques. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2013 Oct; 3(10):321–5.
- Sethi G, Shaw S, Vinutha K, Chakravorty C. Data Compression Techniques . International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies. 2014 Jun; 5(4):5584–6.
- Blelloch E. Introduction to Data Compression. In: Other Lossy Transform Code. Carnegie Mellon University publ.: USA. 2011; 50–5.
- Vijayvargiya G, Silakari S, Pandey R. Various Techniques of Image Compression. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security. 2013 Oct; 11(10):1–5.
- Razzaque A, Thakur NV. Image compression and encryption: an overview. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology. 2012 Jul; 1(5):1–7.
- Kiruba karamoorthi R, Arivazhagan D, Helen D. Analysis of Cloud Computing Technology. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(21):1–3.
- Yanez-Sierra J, Diaz-Perez A, Sosa-Sosa V, Gonzalez JL. Towards Secure and Dependable Cloud Storage Based on User-Defined Workflows. IEEE 2nd International Conference on Cyber Security and Cloud Computing. 2015 Nov. p. 405–10.
- Parthasarathy MB, Srinivasan B. Increased Security in Image Cryptography using Wavelet Transforms. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(12):1–8.
- Suresh Babu P, Sathappan S. Efficient Lossless Image Compression using Modified Hierarchical Prediction and Context Adaptive Coding. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(34):1–6.
- Kumar S, Bhadauria SS, Gupta R. A Temporal Database Compression with Differential Method. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012 Jun; 6(48):65–8.
- Golla T, Klein R. Real-time Point Cloud Compression. IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems. 2015 oct. p. 5087–92.
- Isenburg M, Matrin. Laszip: lossless compression of lidar data. In: Photogram- metric Engineering and Remote Sensing. American Society publ.: USA. 2013; 209–28.
- Golla T, Schwartz C, Klein R. Towards efficient online compression of incrementally acquired point clouds. The Eurographics Association. 2014 Oct; 17–22.
- Chaudhari M, Saxena K. Fast and Secure Data Transmission using Symmetric Encryption and Lossless Compression. International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing. 2013 Feb; 2(2):58–63.
- WEP Key Generator. Available from: http://www.andrewscompanies.com/tools/wep.asp. Date accessed: 23/05/2016.
- Data Compression. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_compression. Date Accessed: 19/05/16.
- Huang Y, Peng J, Kuo C, Gopi M. A generic scheme for progressive point cloud coding. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2008 Mar-Apr; 14(2):440–53.
- Pahal R, Kumar V. Efficient Implementation of AES. Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2013 Jul; 3(7):1–6.
- Alfalou A, Brosseau C, Abdallah N, Jridi M. Simultaneous fusion, compression and encryption of multiple images. Optics express. 2011 Nov; 19(24):24023–9.
- Subhamastan Rao T, Soujanya M, Hemalatha T, Revathi T. Simultaneous Data Compression and Encryption. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies. 2011 Jun; 2(5):2369–74.
- Ito M, Ohnishi N, Alfalou A, Mansour A. New image encryption and compression method based on independent component analysis. IEEE Information and Communication Technologies From Theory to Application. 2008 Apr; 1–6.
- Cheng H, Li X. Partial encryption of compressed images and videos. IEEE Transactions On Signal Processing. 2000 Aug; 48(8):2439–51.
- Pan D. A tutorial on MPEG/Audio compression. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers [IEEE] Multimedia. 1995 Jun; 2(2):60–74.
- Atoum MS, Abdulgader O, Al- Rababah, Al-Attili A. Network Security on cloud computing. International Journal of Computer Science And Network Security. 2011 May; 11(5):1–5.
- Jose S. Storage and Retrieval of images from Video Databases. SPIE Workshop CA. USA. 1995 Feb.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.