Total views : 520
A Review of Heterogeneous Resource Allocation in LTE-A based Femtocell Networks with CQI Feedback
Background/Objectives: The Long-Term Evolution- Advanced (LTE-A) based heterogeneous networks focus on the Femto based cell deployment. These Femto cells will benefit the customers and service providers in term of network coverage and spectral efficiency. In such networks, optimal means of resource allocations is the major concern. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This paper reviews a detail study of resource allocation in Femto cell based LTE-A networks. In addition, a resource allocation strategy is suggested by means of Heterogeneous Channel Quality Index (CQI) based Scheduling Techniques (HCBST). It makes use of an indexed adaptive modulation and coding technique by referring the various CQI parameters. Findings: The HCBST algorithm is implemented by analyzing various scheduling technique at Femto and Marco base stations. The proposed resource allocation strategy is implemented by means of two scenarios, namely, Femto without node mobility and Femto with node mobility. Application/Improvements: The proposed HCBST system with modified largest weight delay first with CQI at Macro cell and Exponential with CQI at Femto cell (ML-EXP-CQI) based scheduling display 1.1879% and 2.85% better in term of throughput and spectral efficiency, respectively, as compared to existing scheduling algorithm..
Femto Cell Networks, HCBST, Long-Term Evolution- Advanced, ML-EXP-CQI, Scheduling.
- Al Qahtani SA, Alhassany M. Comparing different LTE scheduling schemes. Proceeding of 9th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC); 2013 Jul. p. 264–9.
- Xiang X, Xiang X. Toward optimal admission control and resource allocation for LTE-A femtocell uplink. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2015 Jul; 64(7):3247–61.
- Wang B, Zhang Y, Wang W, Lei M. A cooperative downlink power setting scheme for ca-based femtocells. Proceeding of 75th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring); 2012 May. p. 1–6.
- Cao G, Yang D, Zhang X. A distributed algorithm combining power control and scheduling for femtocell networks. Proceeding of IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC); 2012 Apr. p. 2282–7.
- Wu Y, Zhang D, Jiang H, Wu Y. A novel spectrum arrangement scheme for femto cell deployment in LTE macro cells. Proceeding of IEEE 20th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications; 2009 Sep. p. 6–11.
- Pantisano F, Ghaboosi S, Bennis M, Aho ML. Interference avoidance via resource scheduling in TDD underlay femtocells. Proceeding of IEEE 21st International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communication Workshop; 2010 Sep. p. 175–9.
- Wen B, Gao Z, Huang L, Tang Y, Cai H. A Q-leaming-based downlink resource scheduling method for capacity optimization in LTE femtocells. Proceeding of Conference on IEEE Computer Science & Education (ICCSE); 2014 Aug. p. 625–8.
- Simsek M, Akbudak T, Zhao B, Czylwik A. An LTE-femtocell dynamic system level simulator. Proceeding of 2010 International ITG Workshop on Smart Antennas; 2010 Feb. p. 66–71.
- Chao HL, Wu SH, Huang YH, Li SC. Cooperative spectrum sharing and scheduling in self-organizing femtocell networks. Proceeding, 2014 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC); 2014 Jun. p. 3246–51.
- Zheng Z, Hamalainen J, Yang Y. Practical resource scheduling and power control optimization for LTE femtocell network. Proceeding of 8th International Workshop on Multi-Carrier Systems and Solutions (MC-SS); 2011 May. p. 1–5.
- Woo C, Oh E, Hong D. Simple dynamic subcarrier allocation With CQI feedback reduction for OFDMA systems. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2008 Sep; 57(5):3299–305.
- Patachaianand R, Sandrasegaran K. Proportional fair scheduling with reduced feedback. Electronics Letters. 2009 Apr; 45(9):472–3.
- Ni W, Collings IB, Liu RP. Decentralized user-centric scheduling with low rate feedback for mobile small cells. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2013 Dec; 12(12):6106–20.
- Chen X, Hwang JN, Lee CN, Huang CW. An efficient CQI feedback resource allocation scheme for wireless video multicast services. Proceeding of Global Communications Conference; 2013 Dec. p. 1663–8.
- Lin Z, Xiao P, Vucetic B. SINR distribution for LTE downlink multiuser MIMO systems. Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP); 2009 Apr. p. 2833–6.
- Chen X, Goodman DJ. Theoretical analysis of GPRS throughput and delay. In proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Communications; 2004 Jun. p. 1–27.
- Achar R, Rajesh A, Nakkeeran R, Sultana F. Heterogeneous resource allocation in LTE based Femtocell Networks. IEEE International Conference on Circuit, Power and Computing Technologies (ICCPCT-2015); 2015 Mar. p. 1–6.
- Ravali P, Shriram K, Vasudevan RMD, Sundaram. Open air interface- Adaptability perspective. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(6):1–6.
- Le C. Adaptive packet scheduling for resource interference avoidance in LTE-Advanced networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(26):1–5.
- Achar R, Rajesh A. Impact of mobility in heterogeneous resource allocations for LTE based femtocell networks. 2015 IEEE International Conference on Engineering and Technology (ICETECH); 2015 Mar. p. 1–5.
- Tariq U. A review of scenarios and enabling technology directions for 5G wireless communications. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(4):1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.