Total views : 225
Secure Cloud-based Access Control Optimization (SCACO)
Objective: We propose a decentralized access controlled scheme for secure data storage in clouds that supports public key encryption. Our scheme also has the added feature of generating attribute key-value pairs with ciphers for easily granting permission to transfer data. The scheme prevents tampering by performing integrity checks and verifying the message digest. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In the proposed scheme, the data is transferred by public key encryption among users by the RSA algorithm. The attributes are sent via e-mail and can trigger an encrypted transfer of data stream, which can be decrypted only by the validated users. The cloud does not store the private keys of users and only stores public keys. Findings: The computation and transfer of cipher text, and storage overheads are the same as a centralized scheme. The decentralization of data makes it private and the encrypted copy on the cloud provides a redundant backup which cannot be read by the cloud. The performance of the scheme has been measured by time complexity of the operations using big-O notation. Applications/Improvement: The scheme can be improved with signatures. Signatures can be studied in detail and come in various types. Some signatures verify the authenticity of files while other complex ones work with multi-party authentication.
Access Control in Cloud, Cryptography, MVC, RSA.
- Wang C, Wang Q, Ren K, Cao N, Lou W. Toward Secure and Dependable Storage Services in Cloud Computing. IEEE Trans Services Computing. 2012 Apr-Jun; (2):220–32.
- Kamara S, Lauter K. Cryptographic Cloud Storage. Proceeding 14th International Conference Financial Cryptography and Data Security. 2010. p. 136–49.
- Ruj S, Stojmenovic M, Nayak A. Decentralized Access Control with anonymous Authentication of Data Stored in Clouds. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2014 Feb; 25(2):384–94.
- Rivest RL, Shamir A, Adleman L. A Method for Obtaining Digital Signatures and Public-Key Cryptosystems. Magazine Communications of the ACM. 1978 Feb; 21(2):120–6.
- Ko RKL, Jagadpramana P, Mowbray M, Pearson, Kirchberg M, Liang Q, Lee BS. Trust cloud: A Framework for Accountability and Trust in Cloud Computing. 2011 IEEE World Congress on Services. 2011 Jul; 584–8.
- Stallings W. Cryptography and Network Security.4th (Edn), Prentice-Hall, Inc. Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA. 2005.
- Senthil Kumari P, Nadira Banu Kamal AR. Optimal Integrity Policy for Encrypted Data in Secure Storage using Cloud Computing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11):1–10.
- Li H, Dai Y, Tian L, Yang H. Identity-based Authentication for Cloud Computing. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2009 Dec; 157–66.
- Sadeghi AR, Schneider T, Winandy M. Token-Based Cloud Computing. Proceeding Third International Conference Trust and Trustworthy Computing (TRUST). 2010 Jun. p. 417–29.
- Cryptography. Available from: http://crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/202/should-we-mac-then-encrypt-or-encrypt-then-mac. Date accessed: 19/07/2011.
- Crypto workshop. Available from: https://www.bouncycastle.org/. Date accessed: 19/08/2016.
- Security. Available from: http://security.blogoverflow.com/. Date accessed: 5/02/2016.
- Saikeerthana R, Umamakeswari A. Secure Data Storage and Data Retrieval in Cloud Storage using Cipher Policy Attribute based Encryption. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9):318–25.
- Blessed Prince P, Krishnamoorthy K, Anandaraj R, Jeno Lovesum SP. RSA-DABE: A Novel Approach for Secure Health Data Sharing in Ubiquitous Computing Environment. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(17):1–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.