Total views : 222
De-Hazing using Guided and L0 Gradient Minimization Filters
Objectives: Images captured under foggy or hazy conditions have low contrast and meager color. The proposed work is carried to improve the visibility of hazy images. Methods: The proposed method is based on ‘dark channel prior’ to remove haze, along with guided filter to refine the image due to the occurrence of halos. Even after refinement, halos are not completely removed. So, for further refinement edge preserving smoothing global filter L0 gradient minimization filter is used. Findings: This method has an advantage over conventional method by suppressing halos completely. Application/Improvements: The proposed method improves the contrast and increase in entropy reveals that the detail information is preserved effectively.
Air-light, Attenuation, Dark Channel Prior, Guided Filter, L0gradient Minimization Filter.
- Narasimhan SG, Nayar SK. Vision and the atmosphere. International Journal of Computer Vision. 2002 Jul; 48(3):233-54.
- Narasimhan SG, Nayar SK. Interactive (de) weathering of an image using physical models. In: IEEE Workshop on Colour and Photometric Methods in Computer Vision. 2003 Oct, p.1-8.
- Fattal R. Single image dehazing. ACM Transactions On Graphics (TOG). 2008 Aug, 27(3), p.1-9.
- He K, Sun J, Tang X. Single image haze removal using dark channel prior. IEEE Transactions On Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. 2011 Dec; 33(12):2341-53.
- Tarel JP, Hautiere N. Fast visibility restoration from a single color or gray level image. In: 2009 IEEE 12th International Conference on Computer Vision. 2009 Oct, p. 2201-08.
- Tripathi AK, Mukhopadhyay S. Single image fog removal using anisotropic diffusion. IET Image Processing. 2012 Oct; 6(7):966-75.
- Park D, Han DK, Ko H. Single image haze removal with WLS-based edge-preserving smoothing filter. In: 2013 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing. 2013 May, p. 2469-73.
- Ancuti CO, Ancuti C. Single image dehazing by multi-scale fusion. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 2013 Aug; 22(8);3271-82.
- Shi Z, Long J, Tang W, Zhang C. Single image dehazing in inhomogeneous atmosphere. Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 2014 Aug; 125(15):3868-75.
- Shiau YH, Chen PY, Yang HY, Chen CH, Wang SS. Weighted haze removal method with halo prevention. Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation. 2014 Feb; 25(2):445-53.
- Huang SC, Chen BH, Wang WJ. Visibility restoration of single hazy images captured in real-world weather conditions. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology. 2014 Oct; 24(10):1814-25.
- He K, Sun J, Tang X. Guided image filtering. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. 2013 Jun; 35(6):1397-1409.
- Xu L, Lu C, Xu Y, Jia J. Image smoothing via L 0 gradient minimization, In: ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG). 2011 Dec; 30(6):1-12.
- Goel G, Dutta M, Goswami S. An Approach for Shallow Underwater Images Visibility and Color Improvement. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1-5.
- Mishra PK, Dutta M. A Scheme for Increasing Visibility of Single Hazy Image under Night Condition. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(36):1-5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.