Total views : 307
A New Pixel Value Based Steganography Method for Data Security
Objective: This paper proposes a new data hiding method to improve the security for data hiding. Method: This method first maps the cover image into a 1D pixel sequence and then divides it into non-overlapping blocks containing two successive pixels for embedding. It then calculates the difference between the two pixel values for the blocks. It then compares the difference with a reference table. The reference table is referred in every iteration for the comparison of pixel value differences and the range it falls in. This leads to the calculation of the number of bits which can be embedded in that particular block. Findings: The embedded pixels are then modified and their difference is calculated and compared with the range table. If the difference falls in same range, the embedded pixels are used as modified pixels, and if the difference does not fall in the same range, the pixels are modified such that the difference falls in the appropriate range. Extraction of the data is done in the same way to get the covert data. Application/Improvements: Experimental results show that this method enhances embedding rate while preserving the stego image quality
Data Hiding, Embedding Capacity, Imperceptibility, Optimal Pixel Adjustment Process (OPAP), Pixel Value Differencing (PVD), Steganography.
- Cheddad A, Condell J, Curran K, Mc Kevitt P. Digital image steganography: Survey and analysis of current methods. Signal Processing. 2010 Mar; 90(3):727-52.
- Chung KL, Yang WJ, Yang WN. Reversible data hiding for depth maps using the depth no-synthesis-error model. Information Science. 2014 Jun; 269:159-75.
- Fridrich J, Goljan M, Du R. Reliable Detection of LSB Steganography in Grayscale and Color Images. Proceeding ACM Work Multimedia and Security. 2001, p.27-30.
- Luo W, Huang F, Huang J. Edge Adaptive Image Steganography Based on LSB Matching Revisited. IEEE Transaction Information Forensics Security. 2010 Jun; 5(2): 201-14.
- Ou B, Li X, Zhao Y, Ni R. Reversible data hiding using invariant pixel-value-ordering and prediction-error expansion. Signal Process Image Communication. 2014 Aug; 29(7):760-72.
- Liu Y, Ju L, Hu M, Ma X, Zhao H. A robust reversible data hiding scheme for H, 264 without distortion drift. Neurocomputing. 2015 Mar; 151:1053-62.
- Thanikaiselvan V, Bansal T, Jain P. Shastri. 9 / 7 IWT Domain Data Hiding in Image using Adaptive and Non Adaptive Methods . Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5):1-7.
- Tu TY, Wang CH. Reversible data hiding with high payload based on referred frequency for VQ compressed codes index. Signal Processing. 2015 Mar; 108:278-87.
- Zhang X, Wang S. Efficient steganographic embedding by exploiting modification direction. IEEE Communication Letter. 2006 Nov; 10(11):781-83.
- Wang ZH, Kieu TD, Chang CC, Li MC. A novel information concealing method based on exploiting modification direction. Journal of Information Hiding Multimedia Signal Process. 2010 Jan; 1(1):1-9.
- Mielikainen J. LSB matching revisited. IEEE Signal Processing Letter. 2006 May; 13(5):285-87.
- Shastri S, Thanikaiselvan V. PVO based Reversible Data Hiding with Improved Embedding Capacity and Security. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5):1-7.
- Chan CK, Cheng LM. Hiding data in images by simple LSB substitution. Pattern Recognit. 2004 Mar; 37(3):469-74.
- Wu DC, Tsai WH. A steganographic method for images by pixel-value differencing. Pattern Recognition Letter. 2003 Jun; 24(9-10):1613-26.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.