Total views : 229
Crossbreed Energy Resourceful Layering Protocol for Lifespan Augmentation in Wireless Sensor Networks
Objectives: To implement clustering of sensor nodes to improve the lifespan of a Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN). Methods: Proposed procedure Crossbreed Energy Resourceful Layering Protocol (CERLP) uses parameters like lasting energy, sink position and neighboring nodes count to pick the Cluster Head. Since, more parameters are considered for CH selection the energy dissipation is reduced. So, the lifetime is increased for a considerable time. The projected procedure is an energy-aware protocol with unequal clustering. A novel technique called layer supervisor is introduced. The role of the layer supervisor is to gather facts from the group heads and forward it to the sink using a defined routing path. Findings: Investigational outcomes display that the suggested procedure can significantly outperform several existing algorithms with high stability and good energy efficiency. Improvements/Applications: The problems like energy-hole problem and hotspot problem are reduced by using dynamic clustering. Imbalanced grouping practice is used to balance the load among the Cluster Heads.
Base Station (BS), Cluster Head (CH), First Node Death (FND), Gathering, Half Node Death (HND), Last Node Death (LND), Mobile Sink (MS), Wireless Sensors Networks (WSN).
- Heinzelman WR, Chandrakasan A, Balakrishnan H. Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks. Proceedings of the IEEE 33rd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences; 2000 Jan 4. p. 10.
- Smaragdakis G, Bestavros A, Matta I. SEP: A Stable Election Protocol for clustered heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks. Computer Science Department, Boston University. 2004 May; 31:1–11.
- Li C, Ye M, Chen G, Wu J. An energy efficient unequal clustering mechanism for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems Conference; Washington, DA. 2005 Nov 7. p. 8–20.
- Yu J, Qi Y, Wang G, Guo Q, Gu X. An energy-aware distributed unequal clustering protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks. 2011 Jul; 18:1–8.
- Malathi L, Gnanamurthy RK, Chandrasekaran K. Energy efficient data collection through hybrid unequal clustering for Wireless Sensor Networks. Computers and Electrical Engineering. 2015 Nov; 48:358–70.
- Gu X, Yu J, Yu D, Wang G, Lv Y. ECDC: An energy and coverage-aware distributed clustering protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. Computers and Electrical Engineering. 2014 Feb; 40(2):384–98.
- Akyildiz IF, Su W, Sankarasubramaniam Y, Cayirci E. Wireless Sensor Networks: A survey. Computer Networks. 2002 Mar; 38(4):393–422.
- Abbasi AA, Younis M. A survey on clustering algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks. Computer Communications. 2007 Oct; 30(14):2826–41.
- Singh SP, Bhanot K, Sharma S. Critical analysis of clustering algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings of Fifth International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving Springer; Singapore. 2016. p. 783–93.
- Prabhu SB, Sophia S. A survey of adaptive distributed clustering algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering Survey. 2011 Nov; 2(4):1–165.
- Akyildiz IF, Melodia T, Chowdhury KR. A survey on wireless multimedia sensor networks. Computer Networks. 2007 Mar; 51(4):921–60.
- Kumar V, Jain S, Tiwari S. Energy efficient clustering algorithms in Wireless Sensor Networks: A survey. International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2011 Sep; 8(2):1–10.
- Zhang Y, Yang LT, Chen J. RFID and sensor networks: Architectures, protocols, security and integrations. CRC Press; 2009 Nov 4.
- Qureshi TN, Javaid N, Khan AH, Iqbal A, Akhtar E, Ishfaq M. BEENISH: Balanced Energy Efficient Network Integrated Super Heterogeneous Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. Procedia Computer Science. 2013 Dec; 19:920–5.
- Sapra P, Varsha. A study of multi level heterogeneous routing protocols in WSN. International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science. 2015 Sep; 4(9):14345–51.
- Younis O, Fahmy S. HEED: A Hybrid, Energy-Efficient, Distributed clustering approach for ad hoc sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2004 Oct; 3(4):366–79.
- Abbas Z, Yoon W. A survey on energy conserving mechanisms for the Internet of Things: Wireless networking aspects. Sensors. 2015 Sep; 15(10):24818–47.
- Katiyar V, Chand N, Soni S. Clustering algorithms for heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Network: A survey. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2010 Apr; 1(2):273–87.
- Shankar T, Karthikeyan A, Sivasankar P, Neha RR. Implementation of smart sleep mechanism and hybrid data collection technique for maximizing network lifetime in WSN's. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9):1–8.
- Vijayan K, Raaza A. A novel cluster arrangement energy efficient routing protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(2):1–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.