Total views : 226
Energy Proficient Rendezvous Scheduling with Mobile Sink using Compressive Sensing in Wireless Sensor Networks
Background/Objectives: Energy efficiency and optimization of battery resources are the most important design standards for the wireless sensor networks. Methods: Using Compressive sensing the number of transmissions of sensor nodes is reduced thereby using the battery resources of the sensor node efficiently. In this paper, a cluster-based hybrid method is proposed using compressive sensing with mobile sink, which collects data periodically along the predefined path and uploads data to its respective relay nodes which further communicates the information to the collection head. The data is transmitted to the nearest rendezvous node in a certain number of rounds depending on the compression ratio; after undergoing compression at individual cluster heads. The main reason for the extended lifetime of this network is the reduction in the number of transmissions and the reduced transmission range of nodes. Findings: Investigation a lout comes display that the proposed algorithm can considerably out class numerous prevailing procedures with high stability and good energy efficiency. Improvements: The stability of the proposed algorithm is increased and holds good even when the area of the region increased with the lowest rate of energy dissipation.
Base station (BS), Clustering, Cluster Head (CH), Compressive Sensing (CS), Mobile Sink (MS), Rendezvous Node (RN), Wireless Sensors Networks (WSN).
- Liang W, Liu Y. Online data gathering for maximizing network lifetime in sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2007 Jan; 6(1):2-11.
- Akbar M, Javaid N, Imran M, Amjad N, Khan MI, Guizani M. Sink mobility aware energy-efficient network integrated super heterogeneous protocol for WSNs. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking. 2016 Feb; 2016:29(1).
- Xie R, Jia X. Transmission-efficient clustering method for wireless sensor networks using compressive sensing. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2014 Mar; 25(3):806-15.
- Al-Karaki JN, Kamal AE. Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: a survey. IEEE Wireless Communications. 2004 Dec; 11(6):6-28.
- Mottaghi S, Zahabi MR. Optimizing LEACH clustering algorithm with mobile sink and rendezvous nodes. AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications. 2015 Feb 28; 69(2):507-14.
- Heinzelman WR, Chandrakasan A, Balakrishnan H. Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks. In: System Sciences, 2000, Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Hawaii International Conference, IEEE. 2000 Jan 4, p. 10.
- Hani RM, Ijjeh A. A survey on LEACH-based energy aware protocols for wireless sensor networks. Journal of Communications. 2013 Mar; 8(3):192-206.
- Smaragdakis G, Bestavros A, Matta I. SEP: A stable election protocol for clustered heterogeneous wireless sensor networks. Boston University Computer Science Department, 2004 May 31.
- Divya C, Krishnan N, Gandhimathy T. Energy Efficient Stable Election Protocol for Clustered Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks, Journal of Computer Engineering. 2013 Jul-Aug; 12(5):55-61.
- Qing L, Zhu Q, Wang M. Design of a distributed energy-efficient clustering algorithm for heterogeneous wireless sensor networks. Computer Communications. 2006 Aug 4; 29(12):2230-7.
- Younis O, Fahmy S. HEED: a hybrid, energy-efficient, distributed clustering approach for ad hoc sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2004 Oct; 3(4):366-79.
- Akbar M, Javaid N, Imran M, Amjad N, Khan MI, Guizani M. Sink mobility aware energy-efficient network integrated super heterogeneous protocol for WSNs. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking. 2016 Feb 29; 2016(1):1.
- Rehman O, Javaid N, Manzoor B, Hafeez A, Iqbal A, Ishfaq M. Energy Consumption Rate based Stable Election Protocol (ECRSEP) for WSNs. Procedia Computer Science. 2013 Dec 31, p. 19:932-7.
- Kaur R, Dhanda SK. ICFL-Beenish: Inter-Cluster Fuzzy Logic Balanced Energy Efficient Network Integrated Super Heterogeneous Protocol for Wireless Sensor Network. International Journal of Exploring Emerging Trends in Engineering. 2015 May-Jun; 02(03):118-32
- Shankar T, Karthikeyan A, Sivasankar P, Neha RR. Implementation of Smart Sleep Mechanism and Hybrid Data Collection Technique for Maximizing Network Lifetime in WSN's. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 1(8):1.
- Shekhar Kumar, SK Verma. Enhanced Threshold Sensitive Stable Election Protocol. Journal of Computer Engineering. 2015 May-Jun; 17(3):27-33.
- Qureshi TN, Javaid N, Khan AH, Iqbal A, Akhtar E, Ishfaq M. BEENISH: Balanced energy efficient network integrated super heterogeneous protocol for wireless sensor networks. Procedia Computer Science. 2013 Dec 31, 19:920-25.
- Hong Z, Wang R, Li X. A clustering-tree topology control based on the energy forecast for heterogeneous wireless sensor networks. IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica. 2016 Jan 10; 3(1):68-77.
- Vijayan K, Raaza A. A novel cluster arrangement energy efficient routing protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb 5; 9(2).
- Candès EJ, Romberg J, Tao T. Robust uncertainty principles: Exact signal reconstruction from highly incomplete frequency information. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. 2006 Feb; 52(2):489-509.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.