Total views : 285
IoT Based Door Entry System
Objectives: This paper proposes a remote access controlled door entry system for homes and office buildings. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: A remote access control system comprises of the internet to control the devices and appliances at home or office with the person controlling them from anywhere around the globe. In our proposed system, a Raspberry Pi board is used as the platform for monitoring and controlling the door lock. The door entry system proposed here consists of a switch for guest monitoring, camera for guest authentication, solenoid actuator for opening of the door and a speaker set for making the system intimate the responses to the guest. Switch, speakers and camera for interaction with the guest are mounted at appropriate places at the door. Findings: Status of the switch can be monitored by the Raspberry Pi. As the guest presses the switch on arriving at the door, the door entry system enables the host to conveniently monitor and control the entry of people to the house through Internet. Application/Improvements: The main advantage of our proposed system is that it can be easily used in home without requirement of any new software installation and configuration. In future, Instead of monitoring switch status, interrupt driven method can be used to monitor the person.
Email, Entry Control, Internet, Raspberry Pi, Remote Access Control.
- Biswal A, Marimuthu R, Balamurugan S, Ravi S. Design of senor network for real time data acquisition of water level in the agricultural field. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2015 Nov; 10(8):3391–6.
- Kyu H, Baek JW. Wireless access monitoring and control system based on digital door lock. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics. 2007 Nov; 53(4):1724–30.
- Zhai Y, Cheng X. Design of smart home remote monitoring system based on embedded system. IEEE 2nd International Conference on Computing, Control and Industrial Engineering (CCIE); 2011 Aug 2. p. 41–4.
- Thattai K, Manikanta KB, Chhawchharia S, Marimuthu R. ZigBee and ATmega32 based wireless digital control and monitoring system for LED lighting. International Conference on Information Communication and Embedded Systems (ICICES); 2013 Feb. p. 878–81.
- Navya MR, Praksh R. Development of secured home automation using social networking sites. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(20):1–6.
- Sri Prakash N, Venkatram N. Establishing efficient security scheme in home IOT devices through biometric finger print technique. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17):1–8.
- Yoon DH, Chen L, Seo KH, Yoon JUK, Yoon JH. Home control system with the mobile. Fifth International Joint Conference on INC, INC, IMS and IDC; 2009 Aug. p. 1317–20.
- Assaf MH, Mootoo R, Das SR, Emil M, Petriu, Groza V, Biswas S. Sensor based home automation and security system. IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC). 2012 May. p. 722–7.
- Yuksekkaya B, Kayalar A, Tosun B, Ozcan MK, Alkar AZ. A GSM, Internet and speech controlled wireless interactive home automation system. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics. 2006 Aug; 52(3):837–43.
- Rossum GV, Drake FL. The python language reference manual. Network Theory; 2011.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.