Total views : 279
Design and Analysis of a Three Level Neutral Point Clamped Fuel Cell based Grid Connected Inverter
The aim of this paper is to present the design and analysis of a three level neutral point clamped grid connected inverter using fuel cell as a green energy source. Three different controllers that is a boost dc to dc converter, a power controller and a current controller were being modeled and simulated on matlab. The system was being investigated using a PI controller and a sliding mode controller. Simulation results show that the sliding mode controller shows a superior performance of the active power control and the voltage regulation capability as compared to a simple PI controller under voltage sag conditions.
Distributed Power Generation, Fuel cells, Pulse Width Modulated Inverters, Power Control, Power Demand.
- Wang C, Nehrir MH. A physically based dynamic model for solid oxide fuel cells. IEEE Trans Energy Convers. 2007; 22:887–97.
- Papurello D, Borchiellini R, Bareschino P, Chiodo V, Freni S, Lanzini A, Pepe F, Ortigoza GA, Santarelli M. Performance of a solid oxide fuel cell short-stack with biogas feeding. Appl Energy. 2015; 125:254–63.
- Marzooghi H, Raoofat M, Dehghani M, Elahi GH. Dynamic modeling of solid oxide fuel cell stack based on local linear model tree algorithm. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 2012; 37:4367–76.
- Hajimolana SA, Hussain MA. Daud WMAW, Soroush M, Shamiri A. Mathematical modeling of solid oxide fuel cells: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2011; 15:1893–917.
- Padullés J, Ault G, McDonald J. An integrated SOFC plant dynamic model for power systems simulation. Journal of Power Sources. 2000; 86:495–500.
- Hajizadeh A, Golkar MA. Intelligent power management strategy of hybrid distributed generation system. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2007; 29:783–95.
- Lee JH, Lalk TR, Appleby AJ. Modeling electrochemical performance in large scale proton exchange membrane fuel cell stacks. Journal of Power Sources. 1998; 70:258–68.
- Yang Z, Shen C, Zhang L, Crow ML, Atcitty S. Integration of a StatCom and battery energy storage. IEEE Trans Power Syst. 2001; 16:254–60.
- Meng L, Sanseverino ER, Luna A, Dragicevic T, Vasquez JC, Guerrero JM. Microgrid supervisory controllers and energy management systems: A literature review. Renew Sustain Energy Rev. 2016 Jul; 60:1263–73.
- Son Y, Ha J-I. Discontinuous grid current control of motor drive system with single phase diode rectifier and small DC link capacitor. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2016; 8993:1–1.
- Mademlis G, Steinke GK, Rufer A. Feed-forward based control in a DC-DC converter of asymmetric multistage stacked boost architecture. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2016; 8993:1–1.
- Zhang Y, Liu J, Dong Z, JiaY, Nie C. Zhou S, Liu Y-F. Maximum boost control of diode-assisted buck-boost voltage source inverter with minimum switching frequency. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2016; 8993:1–1.
- Ekhtiari M, Andersen T, Andersen M, Zhang Z. Dynamic optimum dead time in piezoelectric transformer-based switch-mode power supplies. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2016; 8993:1–1.
- Tang Y, Ma H. Dynamic electro-thermal model of paralleled IGBT modules with unbalanced stray parameters. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2016; 8993:1–1.
- Karasani R, Borghate VB, Meshram PM, Suryawanshi HM, Sabyasachi S. A three phase hybrid cascaded modular multilevel inverter for renewable energy environment. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2016; 8993:1–1.
- Xiong S, Wong S-C, Tan S-C, Tse CK. Optimal design of complex switched-capacitor converters via energy-flow-path analysis. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2016; 8993:1–1.
- Mok K-T, Wang M, Tan S-C, Hui SY. DC electric springs - A new technology for stabilizing DC power distribution systems. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2016; 8993:1–1.
- Hsu W-C, Chen J-F, Wu YM, Hsieh Y-P. Design and steady state analysis of parallel resonant DC-DC converter for high voltage power generator. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2016; 8993:1–1.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.