Total views : 181
Mechanical Behavior of Ultra Violet (UV) Curable Renewable Polymer/Graphite (PG)
The mechanical behaviors of the renewable polymer/graphite (PG) films with prolonged UV irradiation exposure were investigated. Renewable PG films were prepared by mixing with varying weight percent of graphite (neat, 10 wt. %, 20 wt. % and 30 wt. %) and crosslinker. Then, casting film solution on square container and cured upon stimulated ultraviolet (UV) irradiation (UV accelerated weathering tester) at different time exposure (0, 250, 500 and 750 hours) was applied. Based on observations, different UV exposure time yield PG with varying tensile strength, tensile modulus and elongation at break. However, the mechanical behavior of resulting PGs gives plateau series due to chemical crosslink and chain scissions within renewable polymer and graphite that shown in infrared spectra (FTIR) of the films. The system indicates that the mechanical behavior of renewable PG can be tailored based on requirements of an application upon UV treatment.
Mechanical Behavior, Renewable Polymer Graphite, UV Irradiation.
- Chen Z. Plant Oil-Based UV-Curable Coating. 2014 Aug; 26. US 8815969 B2.
- Otani, Bellouard, Wen, Hodko, Katagiri, Kassegne, Kofman, Kaneko, Perez, Coquin, Kaynak, Cho, Fukuda, Yi, Janabi-Sharifi, Eds. Proc. of SPIE, Optomechatronic Technologies. 2008; 7266.
- Vuorio J, Nikkila V, Teivastenaho V, Peltola J, Partanen J, Kiviluoma P, Kuosmanen P. Additive Manufacturing With Uv Light Cured Resin. Tallinn, Estonia: 9th International DAAAM Baltic Conference, INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING. 2014 24-26 April.
- Jay Robert Dorfman. UV-curable thermoformable dielectric for thermoformable circuits. 2015 Apr 21. US 9012555 B2.
- Tey JN, Soutar AM, Mhaisalkar SG, Yu H, Hew KM.Mechanical properties of UV-curable polyurethane acrylate used in packaging of MEMs devices, Thin Solid Films.2006; 504:384-90.
- Yuting Dai, Fengxian Qiu, Lili Wang, Jinliang Zhao, Zongping Yu, Pengei Yang, Dongya Yang, Liying Kong.UV-curable electromagnetic shielding composite films produced through waterborne polyurethaneacrylate bonded grapheme oxide: preparation and effect of different diluents on the properties. e-Polymers. 2014; 14(6): 427–40.
- Anika Zafiah M. Rus, Nik Normunira Mat Hassan. Thermal Degradation and Damping Characteristic of UV Irradiated Biopolymer. International Journal of Polymer Science.2015; 2015:Article ID 615284, 11 pages.
- Anika Zafiah MR, Mohid SR, Shaiqah MR. Influence of N2 and H2O on UV Irradiated Bio Polymer Composite.International Review of Mechanical Engineering (IREME).2014.
- Rus SM, Latif NA, Ghazali M, Rus AZM. Characteristics of UV Irradiated Waste Biopolymer from Renewable Resources (Part 1). Advanced Materials Research. 2014; 974:252-56.
- Siti MR, Rus AZM, Nurulsaidatulsyida S, Talib D, Ya TMYST.Mechanical Properties of UV Irradiated Bio Polymer Thin Films Doped with Titanium Dioxide. Advanced Materials Research. 2013; 748:165-69.
- Nurulsaidatulsyida Sulong, Anika Zafiah M Rus.Biopolymer-based thermoplastic mixture for producing solid biodegradable shaped bodies and its photo degradation stability.IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering.2013; 50:012068.
- Anika Zafiah MR. Polymer from renewable materials.Science Progress. 2010; 93(3):285-300.
- Anika Zafiah M Rus, Nur Munirah Abdullah, Abdullah MFL.Interconnected Interface Enhanced Electrical Properties of Graphite in Bio-based Epoxy from Insulating to Conductor Composites. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 August; 8(17): IPL0159,
- Li JH, Li J, Li M. Preparation of expandable graphite with ultrasound irradiation. 2007 Nov; 61(28):5070–3.
- 1300 Sumner Avenue, Cleveland: Compiled and Issued by Chemical Fabric film Association. Standard Test Method, Chemical Coated Fabrics and Film. 2007.
- Handout of UV Weathering and Related Test Methods.Cabot Corporation. Date accessed: 01/01/2015: Available from: www.cabot-corp.com.
- ASTM International Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Thin Plastic Sheeting. 2002; United States: ASTM D882-10.
- Siti Rahmah Binti Mohid. Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia: Master Dissertation: Photodegradation of Biopolymer Doped With Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) As Ultraviolet (UV) Stabilizer. 2015.
- Rus AZM, Abdullah NM, Abdullah MFL, Idris MIF.Graphite/Bio-Based Epoxy Composites: The Mechanical Properties Interface. Applied Mechanics and Materials.2015; 799-800:115-19.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.