Total views : 295
Intelligent Web Proxy Cache Replacement Algorithm Based on Adaptive Weight Ranking Policy via Dynamic Aging
Rapid growth in network services and vast usage of Internet worldwide have led to an increase in network traffic and created bottleneck over the internet. Such traffic results in an increase of access time of web documents, server response latency, reduced network bandwidth and slow response time for popular websites. Web cache is an essential optimization technique used to reduce response time and improve performance. However due to its limited size and cost of cache comparable to other storage devices, cache replacement algorithm is used to determine and evict page when the cache is full to create space for new pages. Several algorithms had been introduced and their performances are important in producing high speed web caching. However, their performances are not well optimized. This work proposes a hybrid method that optimize cache replacement algorithm using Naïve Bayes (NB) based approach. Naïve Bayes is an intelligent method that depends on Bayes’ probability theory integrated with Adaptive Weight Ranking Policy (AWRP) via dynamic aging factor to improve the response time and network performance. From the pseudocode of the proposed algorithm, it is observed that the complexity of the algorithm is O(n)which is linear, hence the response time is considergood. Performance evaluations based on hit rate and byte hit rate for new the method over conventional methods with real data will be conducted for validation and verification.
AWRP, Dynamic Aging, Naïve Bayes, Proxy Cache, Replacement Algorithms.
- Sarhan A, Elmogy AM, Ali SM. New web cache replacement approaches based on internal requests factor. 9th International Conference on Computer Engineering & Systems, Egypt; 2014.
- Ali W, Shamsuddin SM, Ismail AS. Intelligent Naïve Bayes-based approaches for web proxy caching, Knowledge-Based Systems. 2012; 31:162–75.
- Sathiyamoorthi V, Bhaskaran VM. Web caching through modified cache replacement algorithm. International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology, Chennai: Tamil Nadu; 2012.
- KumarSaha A, Dev PP, Kar M, Rudrapal D. An optimization technique of web caching using fuzzy inference system. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012; 43(17):20–3.
- Muralidhar K, Geethanjali DN. Improving the performance of the browsers using fuzzy logic. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology. 2012 Aug; 3(1):1–8.
- ElAarag H. A quantitative study of web cache replacement strategies using simulation. Web Proxy Cache Replacement Strategies, Springer Briefs in Computer Science; 2013. p. 17–60.
- Swain D. AWRP: Adaptive Weight Ranking Policy for improving cache performance. Journal Of Computing. 2011; 3(2):209–14.
- Ali W, Shamsuddin SM, Ismail AS. A survey of Web caching and prefetching. International Journal of Advance Soft Computing Application. 2011 Mar; 3(1):18–44.
- Chandrashekar G, Sahin F. A survey on feature selection methods. Computers and Electrical Engineering. 2014; 40:16–28.
- Samiee K. A replacement algorithm based on weighting and ranking cache objects, International Journal of Hybrid Information Technology. 2009 Apr; 2(2):93–104.
- Bhalgama S, Parmar SS. A novel adaptive cache replacement policy using weighting and ranking parameter. American International Journal of Contemporary Scientific Research. 2015; 2(1):7–16.
- ElAarag H, Romano S. Comparison of function based web proxy cache replacement strategies. International Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems. 2009; 41(16):252–59.
- Ponnusamy S, Karthikeyan E. Cache optimization on hot-point proxy caching using weighted-rank cache replacemnt policy. ETRI Journal. 2013; 35(4):687–96.
- Sirour HAN, Hamad YAM, Eisa AA. An agent-based proxy cache cleanup model using fuzzy logic. International Conference on Computing, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Africa; 2013.
- Kumar PV, Reddy VR. Novel web proxy cache replacement algorithms using machine learning techniques for performance enhancement. International Journal of Engineering Sciences and Research Technology. 2014 Jan; 3(1):339–46.
- Ali W, Shamsuddin SM. Intelligent dynamic aging approaches in web proxy cache replacement. Journal of Intelligent Learning Systems and Applications. 2015; 7:117–27.
- Benadit JP, Francis SF, Nadhiya M. Enhancement of web proxy caching using random forest machine learning technique. International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2014; 11(3):83–91.
- Benadit PJ, Francis FS, Muruganantham U. Improving the performance of a proxy cache using tree augmented naive bayes classifier. Procedia Computer Science Proceedings of the International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies, ICICT 2014, 2014 Dec 3–5, Bolgatty Palace & Island Resort, Kochi: India. 2015; 46:184–93.
- Abdalla A, Sulaiman S, Ali W. Intelligent web objects prediction approach in web proxy cache using supervised machine learning and feature selection. International Journal of Advances in Soft Computing and Its Applications. 2015 Nov; 7(3):146–64.
- Bermejo P, Gámez JA, Puerta JM. Speeding up incremental wrapper feature subset selection with Naive Bayes classifier. Knowledge-Based Systems. 2014; 55:140–7.
- Irani KB. Multi-interval discretization of continuous-valued attributes for classiﬁcation learning. Machine Learning; 1993. p.1022–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.