Total views : 171
Methodological Aspects of the Regional Innovative Development Evaluation with Focus on Investment Flows
Background/Objectives: The article considers basic approaches to using various indicators of innovative development to evaluate the achievement of objectives set by the regional authorities. Methods: Having analyzed international and domestic practices, the authors proposed an original method for evaluation of innovative development of the federal subjects of Russia regarding the investment flows to the region. Findings: The authors examined the dependence between indicators of innovative development and investments in fixed capital at the regional level. The article proposes a matrix of the regions distribution according to the ratio of innovative development and investment support of the region. The authors developed the indicator of investment support of the region’s innovative development and estimated its threshold value. The proposed methodology was used to rank the subjects of the Siberian Federal District. Application/Improvements: The findings of the study can be used by regional authorities to monitor innovation and investment development of the region, as well as to improve tools and methods of the implemented innovative and investments policies.
Evaluation of Innovative Development, Innovations, Investment, Investment Support, Target Indicators.
- OECD. Frascati manual: Proposed standard practice for surveys of research and experimental development. 6th ed. OECD Publishing; 2002. Available from: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/ramon/statmanuals/files/Frascati_Manual_2002_EN.pdf
- OECD. The measurement of scientific and technical activities: R&D statistics and output measurement in the higher education sector (frascati manual supplement). Paris: OECD; 1989.
- OECD. The measurement of scientific and technological activities: Proposed standard method of compiling and interpreting technology balance of payments data (TBP Manual). Paris: OECD, Technological and Industrial Indicators Division; 1990.
- OECD. Guidelines for collecting and interpreting innovation data Oslo Manual. 3rd ed. OECD, Eurostat; 2005. Available from: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/ramon/statmanuals/files/9205111E.pdf
- OECD. Using patents data as science and technology indicators- Patents Manual; 2008. Available from: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/ramon/statmanuals/files/OECD_Patent_Statistics_Manual.pdf
- OECD. The measurement of human resources devoted to science and technology – Canberra Manual; 1995. Available from: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/ramon/statmanuals/files/Canberra_Manual_1992.EN.pdf
- Patel P, Pavitt K. Patterns of technological activity: Their measurement and interpretation. In: Stoneman P, editor. Handbook of the economics of innovation and technological change. Oxford and Cambridge, MA: Blackwell; 1995.
- European innovation scoreboard 2010: Comparative analysis of innovation performance. Brussels; 2011. Available from: https://ec.europa.eu/research/innovation-union/pdf/iu-scoreboard-2010_en.pdf
- Perani G, Sirilli S. Benchmarking innovation in Europe. Foresight-Russia. 2008; 1:4–15.
- Regional innovation scoreboard 2014. European Commission. Available from: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/innovation/files/ris/ris-2014_en.pdf
- Hollanders H, Tarantola S, Loschky A. Regional Innovation Scoreboard (RIS) 2009. Pro Inno Europe; 2009. Available from: http://www.inovacijos.lt/inopagalba/cms/94lt.pdf
- Bortnik IM, Zinov VG, Kotsyubinsky VA, Sorokina AV. Indicators of innovative development of russian regions for monitoring and management purposes. Innovations. 2013; 11(181):2–13.
- Perani G, Prisco MR, Sirilli G. Innovation at regional level: The CIS4 two-tiered survey in Italy. Paper for: “Blue Sky” II Forum on “What Indicators for Science, Technology and Innovation Policies in the 21st Century?” OECD, Statistics Canada, Ottawa; 2006 Sep 25-27.
- Crossing the next regional frontier: information and analytics linking regional competitiveness to investment in knowledge based economy. U.S. Economic Development Administration; 2009. Available from: http://www.statsamerica.org/innovation/reports/crossing_regional_frontier_full_report.pdf
- Klowden K, Wolfe M. State technology and science index 2012. Enduring Lessons for the Intangible Economy. Milken Institute; 2013. Available from: http://www.milkeninstitute.org/pdf/STSI2013.pdf
- Porter ME, Stern S. The new challenge to America’s prosperity: Findings from the innovation index. Washington; 1999.
- Bortnik IM, Senchenya ZI, Mikheeva NN, Zdunov AA, Kadochnikov PA, Sorokina AV. Assessment and monitoring of innovative development of Russian Regions. Innovations. 2012; 9(176):48–61.
- Gokhberg LM, editor. Ranking of innovative development of the Russian Federation. Moscow: Higher School of Economicsm; 2014.
- Gusev AB. Ranking of innovative development of Russian regions and recommendations on increasing the innovative activity in the Russian Federation; 2008. Moscow. Available from: http://innovation.gov.ru/sites/default/files/documents/2016/25317/3923.pdf
- Kiselev V. Assessment of the innovation level of the federal subjects of Russia. Innovations. 2010; 4(138):44–55.
- Official portal of the federal state statistics service (Rosstat). Available from: http://www. gks.ru/
- Vladimirova ON. Innovative region susceptibility, conditions of formation and management. Krasnoyarsk: Krasnoyarsk State Trade and Economics Institute Press; 2011.
- Rouiga IR. Methodological approaches to assessing investment support of innovative development of the region. Economy and Entrepreneurship. 2016; 6:200–3.
- Chaddock RE. Principles and methods of statistics. 1st ed. Cambridge: Houghton Miffin Company, The Riverside Press; 1952.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.