Total views : 213
Effect of Selective Coatings on Solar Absorber for Parabolic Dish Collector
Objectives: The effect of selective coatings on the solar absorber of a Parabolic Dish Collector (PDC) is presented in this work. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Outdoor experiments performed on sunny days at a 16 square meter. PDC with selective absorber of 0.4 m diameter. The Mild Steel (MS) absorber plates coated with nickel and chromium for their low emissivity and high absorptivity using the electroplating process with thicknesses of 30 μm. Findings: Instantaneous efficiency, radiative and convective heat losses evaluated for the absorber. The efficiency of collector system is highest when the mild steel absorber plate coated with nickel. Application/Improvements: The solar selective coatings are more beneficial in the energy transfer and economical to the consumers. The consistent higher absorption rate at the outdoor climate has to attain with a long life coating.
Parabolic Dish Collector, Selective Coating, Solar Absorber,Solar Concentrator.
- Soteris A, Kalogirou K. Solar thermal collectors, and application, Progress in energy and combustion science. 2004; 30(3):231–95.
- Sivakumar K, Mohan KN, Sivaraman B. Performance analysis of elliptical heat pipe solar collector. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011; 4(1):4–7.
- Koua KB, Gbaha P, Koffi EPM, Fassinou WF, Toure S. Modelling of thermal behavior of a direct solar drier possessing a chimney: Application to the drying of cassava. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011; 4(12):1609–18.
- Hematian A, Ajabshirchi Y, Abbas BA. Experimental analysis of flat plate solar air collector efficiency. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012; 5(8):3183–7.
- Thamizharasan V. Energy conservation in urban transport. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jun; 7(5):51–5.
- Pandey GK, Singh AP. Energy conservation and efficient data collection in WSN-ME: A survey. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(17):1–11.
- Reddy KP, Rao MVG. Modeling and simulation of hybrid wind solar energy system using MPPT. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(23):1–5.
- Senthil R, Cheralathan M. Effect of non-uniform temperature distribution on surface absorption receiver in parabolic dish solar concentrator. Thermal Science; 2015. p. 1–12.
- Senthil R, Cheralathan M. Effect of PCM in a solar receiver on thermal performance of parabolic dish collector. Thermal Science; 2016. p. 1–12.
- Senthil R, Cheralathan M. Effect of once-through and recirculated fluid flow on thermal performance of parabolic dish solar receiver. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(33):1–5.
- Revati D, Natarajan E. Enhancing the efficiency of the solar cell by air cooling. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(5):1–6.
- Serrats EM, Kovacs P, Kramer K, Nielsen JE, Nelson L, IEA-SHC Task 43: Research and Standardization on Solar Collector Testing and Towards a Global Certification Scheme, Energy Procedia, 2012:30, 162-71.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.