Total views : 172
Energy-efficient Electric Drive of the Cableway Supplied by the Minihydroelectric Power Station
Objectives: This paper deals with the problem of power supply of the electric drive of the cableway and its infrastructure provided by a mini-hydroelectric power station in the area of the Talgar-Issyk passage on the site chosen as a result of geodetic studies and satellite images. Methods/Analysis: It analyzes the hydropower potential of this area and offers a hydroelectric unit HU4 developed by MNTO INSET for a mini-hydroelectric power station. The problem is suggested to be solved through the use of internal resources of the regions. The equipment with the economical electric drive was selected for the cableway. Findings: Many scenic spots are located far away from power stations, and to provide an electric power line is not always possible, besides it is also quite an expensive and time-consuming process. The problem of power supply of the infrastructure necessary for recreation and tourism is relevant. The hydropower potential of Kazakhstan is measured at 170 billion kWh per year. However, the southern zone with hundreds of mountain small rivers has a 65% margin of hydropower resources of the republic where it is advisable to use micro- and mini-hydroelectric power stations. According to the calculations carried out in this research, the capacity needed for power supply of the electric drive of the cableway along with the infrastructure of the tourist camp is in the range of 500-600 kW. Applications: This paper will help to solve the problem of power supply of the electric drive of the cableway provided by a mini-hydroelectric power station. At the same time, the variable-frequency electric drive of the cableway will save a significant share of the electric power consumed from the mini-hydroelectric power station.
Cableway, Energy-efficient Electric Drive, Mini-hydroelectric Power Station.
- Sibikin YD, Sibikin MY. Alternative and renewable energy sources. Moscow: KNORUS; 2010.
- Bolotov AV. Alternative and renewable energy sources: Textbook. Almaty: AUPET; 2011.
- Dukelskiy AI. Aerial ropeways and cable cranes. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye; 2006.
- Tcyba YA. Energy efficiency in the power sector: Textbook.Almaty: AUPET; 2011.
- Mukazhanov VN. Renewable energy sources: Textbook.Almaty: AUPET; 2011.
- Chodzhoy MH. Energy efficiency in the industry. Moscow: Metallurgia; 1982.
- Leznov BS. Energy saving in pump installations. Moscow: Energoatomisdat; 1991.
- Samoylov MV, Panovchik VV, Konovalov AN. Basics of energy conservation: Textbook. 2nd ed. Minsk: Belarusian State Economic University; 2003.
- Vinogradov AB. Vectorial control of alternating current of electrical drives. Ivanovo; 2008. p. 187–95.
- Terekhov VM, Osipov OI. Systems of electric drive control: Textbook. Moscow: Academia; 2008.
- Sagitov PI. Energy saving in the electric drive: Textbook.Almaty: AUPET; 2005.
- Cathey JJ, Famouri P. Loss minimization of an induction motor drive. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications1991 Jan/Feb; 27(1):32–7.
- Kolesnikov AI, Fedorov MN, Varfolomeyev YM. Energy conservation in industrial and public enterprises. Moscow: INFRA-M; 2005.
- Arutyunyan AA. Basics of energy conservation. Moscow: JSC “Energoservis”; 2007.
- Asinkhronnye dvigateli firmy ABB [Asynchronous motors of the ABB firm] [Internet]. Available from: www.abb.com/ motors.
- Asinkhronnye dvigateli firmy Siemens [Asynchronous motors of the Siemens firm] [Internet]. Available from: http:// electrosiemens.ru/.
- Malakhanov AA. Mathematical simulation of impact and module systems with correction of power coefficient. PhD Thesis, Bryansk; 2007.p. 16.
- Galler D. Energy efficient control of AC induction motor vehicles. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 1980 Annual Meeting.1980 Sep. p. 301–8.
- Altivar 71 background material converter [Internet].2016.Available from: www.electrocentr.com.
- Polonskiy VM, Trutneva MS. Energy conservation: Textbook.Moscow: Publishing House of the Association of Building Universities; 2005.
- Small hydro international gateway [Internet]. Available from: http://www.small-hydro.com.
- AFREPREN/FWD - Energy, environment and development network for Africa [Internet]. [cited 2016 Nov 18].Available from: Website: http://www.afrepren.org.
- MNTO INSET [Internet]. Available from: www.inset.ru.
- Terekhin VB. Simulation of electric drive systems in Simulink (Matlab 7.0.1): Textbook. Tomsk: Publishing House of Tomsk Polytechnic University; 2008.
- Kasilingam, G, Pasupuleti, J. Coordination of PSS and PID controller for power system stability enhancement – overview.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(2):142–51.
- Rout KC, Panda PC. Power system dynamic stability enhancement of SMIB using fuzzy logic based power system stabilizer. Power Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.2010 Sep; 102:10–14.
- Sheeba R, Jayaraju M, Kinattingal. Performance enhancement of power system stabilizer through colony of foraging ants. Electric Power Components and Systems. 2014 Mar; 42(10):1016–28.
- Zhukov IB, Lazarev EA. Procedure of selecting optimum capacity and voltage for an on-board electric power supply system accumulator. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016 Oct; 9(39):1–9.
- Mufti GM, Jamil M, Nawaz M, Mobeen-ur-Rehman, Hassan SZ, Kamal T. Evaluating the issues and challenges in context of the energy crisis of Pakistan. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Sep; 9(36):1–7.
- Bae S, Yun JJ. Economic and energy efficient design method for a green wireless telecommunication power system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(26):1–6.
- Roy S, Mishra H, Mohapatro BG. Sustainable environment using smart materials in smart structures. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(30):1–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.