Total views : 239
Bayesian Correlated Equilibrium Based IDS for MANET
Objective: To improve IDS strategy with high detection accuracy and reduce the power consumption of the nodes in MANET. Methods: There are several intrusion detection systems are developed. In order to increase the performance of IDS, Bayesian Correlated Equilibrium based IDS which incorporates two main processes namely, Cluster Head selection and Hybrid IDS for MANET is proposed. The game theory is also used to increase the detection accuracy of IDS. Findings: Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) is an autonomous system that consists of battery powered mobile nodes. MANETs are prone to several attacks as they are continuously self configuring and infrastructure less. As the nodes are mobile, they are susceptible to intrusions. The Intrusion Detection System has issues of heavy traffic related to IDS in the network, which causes congestion. It also leads to high energy consumption among the nodes. So designing an efficient MANET should have certain number of goals such as effective intrusion detection, light traffic and low energy consumption and power loss. Many Intrusion detection schemes were proposed that normally incurs power loss in the node as there is a need for continuous monitoring. Application/Improvements: To increase detection accuracy, decrease power consumption and the IDS traffic Bayesian Correlated Equilibrium based IDS for MANET is presented.
Bayesian Nash Equilibrium, Correlated Equilibrium, Game Theory, Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET).
- Devi VA, Bhuvaneswaran RS. Agent based cross layer Intrusion Detection System for MANET. Advances in Network Security and Applications. Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2011. p. 427–40.
- Karami M, et al. QAIDS: Quantitative and agent based Intrusion Detection System. Computer and Information Science. 2011; 4(2): (2011):64–74.
- Ganapathy S, Yogesh P, Kannan A. Intelligent agent-based Intrusion Detection System using enhanced multiclass SVM. Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience. 2012; (2012):9.
- Mechtri L, Tolba FD, Ghanemi S. MASID: Multi-Agent System for Intrusion Detection in MANET. 2012 IEEE Ninth International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations (ITNG); 2012.
- Shamshirband S, et al. An appraisal and design of a multi-agent system based cooperative wireless intrusion detection computational intelligence technique. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence. 2013; 26(9):2105–27.
- Nadeem A, Howarth M. Protection of MANETs from a range of attacks using an intrusion detection and prevention system. Telecommunication Systems. 2013; 52.4:2047–58.
- Nadeem A, Howarth MP. An intrusion detection and adaptive response mechanism for MANETs. Ad Hoc Networks. 2014; 13:368–80.
- Subramaniyan S, Johnson W, Subramaniyan K. A distributed framework for detecting selfish nodes in MANET using Record-and Trust-Based Detection (RTBD) technique. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking. 2014; 2014:1–10.
- Riecker M, et al. Lightweight energy consumption-based Intrusion Detection System for Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Information Security. 2015; 14(2):155–67.
- Chadli S, et al. A new model of IDS architecture based on multi-agent systems for MANET. IEEE 2014 Second World Conference on Complex Systems (WCCS); 2014.
- Krishnan D. A distributed self-adaptive Intrusion Detection System for Mobile Ad-hoc Networks using tamper evident mobile agents. Procedia Computer Science, 2015; 46:1203–8.
- Amudhavel J, Brindha V, Anantharaj B, Karthikeyan P, Bhuvaneswari B, Vasanthi M, Vinodha D. A survey on Intrusion Detection System: State of the Art Review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 2016; 9(11).
- Andreolini M, Colajanni M, Marchetti M. A collaborative framework for intrusion detection in mobile networks. Information Sciences. 2015; 321:179–92.
- Subba B, Biswas S, Karmakar S. Intrusion detection in Mobile Ad-hoc Networks: Bayesian game formulation. Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal. 2016; 19(2):782–99.
- Krishna P, et al. A cluster-based approach for routing in dynamic networks. ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review. 1997; 27(2):49–64.
- Mohammed N, et al. Mechanism design-based secure leader election model for intrusion detection in MANET. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing. 2011; 8(1):89–103.
- Savasere A, Omiecinski ER, Navathe SB. An efficient algorithm for mining association rules in large databases. ACM Digital Library; 1995. p. 432–44.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.