Total views : 240
Grid Connected Solar Microinverter with interleaved Flyback Converter
Renewable power sources are the best way to reduce the effect of green house gases and thereby global warming. Among them solar power may be seen as the most reliable due to its availability. But the Solar PV system is expensive. So the main objective of this work is to develop a solar PV system which is cost effective without compromising on the efficiency of the system. The optimal operating point of each PV panel is different depending on the solar irradiation and temperature on the panel. In a string of panels the power of the entire string can be optimized and not on panel by panel basis. This paper focuses on power optimization tracking of individual PV panels using a single stage interleaved flyback converter. The proposed converter is having high voltage conversion ratio when compared to an ordinary buck boost converter. A detailed study conducted in this paper explains the practical and theoretical techniques for making the PV cells to work most efficiently all the time. A practical approach is made in this paper using the MATLAB atmosphere and to prove the quality of the theoretical concepts hardware results are also provided. The result proves that the efficiency of the entire system can be improved by optimizing each panel and the reduction of conversion stages helps to make the system more cost effective.
Electromagnetic Capability, Electromagnetic Interference, Maximum Power Point Tracking, Photovoltaic.
- Tamyurek B, Kirimer B. An Interleaved fly back inverter for residential photovoltaic applications. 15th European Conference on IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics and Applications; Turkey. 2013. p. 1–10.
- Kirthana C, Deepa R, Sasikumar M. Performance analysis of active clamped interleaved flyback inverter for photovoltaic applications. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology. 2013 Nov; 2(11):721–6.
- Anandakumar V, Ramesh A, Mariappane E. Implementation of new control technique for interleaved flyback inverter based PV system. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology. 2014 Feb; 3(2):1151–7.
- Zhang Y, He XF, Zhang Z, Lu YF. A hybrid control method for photovoltaic grid connected interleaved flyback microinverter to achieve high efficiency in wide load range. 28th Annual IEEE Transaction on Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition; 2013 Mar. p. 751–6.
- Yu W, Hutchens C, Lai JS, Hegarty T. High efficiency converter with charge pump and coupled inductor for wide input photovoltaic AC module application. Proceeding of IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition; 2009. p. 3895–900.
- Kjaer SB, Pedersen JK, Blaabjerg F. A review of single phase grid-connected inverter for photovoltaic modules. IEEE Transaction on Industry Applications. 2005 Sep-Oct; 41(5):1292–306.
- Li Q, Wolfs P. A review of the single phase photovoltaic module integrated converter topologies with three different DC link configurations. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics. 2008 May; 23(3):1320–33.
- Kyritsis AC, Tatakis EC, Papanikolaou NP. Optimum design of the current-source flyback inverter for decentralized grid-connected photovoltaic systems. IEEE Trans on Energy Conversion. 2008 Mar; 23(1):281–93.
- Kutkut N, Hu H. Photovoltaic micro-inverters: Topologies, control aspects, reliability issues and applicable standards. Proceeding of IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE); 2010. p. 3235–40.
- Gao M, Chen M, Mo Q, Qian Z, Luo Y. Research on output current of interleaved-flyback in boundary conduction mode for photovoltaic AC module application. Proceeding of IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition; China. 2011. p. 770–5.
- Landers JP. A handbook of capillary and microchip electrophoresis and associated microtechniques. 3rd ed. New York: CRC Press; 1997.
- Premkumar S, Karthick P, Sivaraj P. Interleaved two channel boost converter for power factor correction using boundary conduction mode. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(32):1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.